Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 12-17-2016, 12:02 PM

Hi all! I haven't been on QB much lately, I do stop by every night to read your posts and keep up with you. Have done only a little sewing lately. I consider myself to be an advanced paper piecer. I'm working on a stained glass quilt and it's very humbling--not feeling advanced at all.

I want to wish all of you peace, joy, love & good health for Christmas and the upcoming year. This is a pic of my house. Love yinz!![ATTACH=CONFIG]563912[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	front yard.JPG
Views:	150
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	563912  
Old 12-17-2016, 12:48 PM
Power Poster

Beautiful Christmas lights on snow, Jan! We have missed you. Hope you've been busy in a good way...

Merry Christmas and LOVE to you too! Be sure to show us that stained glass quilt when you get it done!
Old 12-17-2016, 02:34 PM

So glad you check in with us Jan - I've missed you!!! I'm anxious to see you stained glass quilt!!! Looks really cold at your house with all that snow! Have a Merry Christmas!
Old 12-17-2016, 03:47 PM

janRN, the hat on the dog (?) statue made me laugh! :-) Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you too!
Old 12-17-2016, 10:33 PM
Power Poster

Continued good news with Mom, Bev...

Thanks for the Merry Christmas photo, Jan..we have about a foot of snow, wind is to pick up and temps to drop -40 degree wind chills...yikes...lots of school activities cancelled today and tonight as well as church services tomorrow...winter has arrived.

Last week I supported my LQS! I was to tidy up some fabric collections and put away new patterns. Earlier I cut 1 1/2 yards of some railway clocks to use in placemats for my sister, then I saw a couple of FQ's that I like...if it's in the FQ bin it's a safe assumption that it's the last of that bolt...so added it to my pile. While putting away the patterns I found 4 that I liked that were already on the racks...they went on the pile...before the day was over I had quite a stack....boss laughed, said she was paying me to shop!...now to create something from all this.

This morning 7 yo came with her dad...I told her we'd put the Christmas tree today...she took it to heart, and voila...the tree is decorated...well not that fast, but you get the drift..MrOK looked around at noon and mentioned all the boxes I would need to take back downstairs...slowly doing it tonight...where are my young helper legs now...she was such a trooper carrying it all up for me...

Got an Advent wall hanging (by Nancy Halvorson) off in the mail this past week...it was a grab bag gift from our quilt guild.
I knew the NC kids would love it. Actually took a while to fuse and cut the Nativity items..used black wool on the back and buttons on the panel to hang them on. Didn't get a picture before I mailed it.

Looks like it's time to call it a day...later...
Old 12-18-2016, 06:34 PM
Power Poster

It's good to hear from you Jan. Pretty lights in front of your house. Your peace sign made me think of one of my nieces. She ask me to make her a wall hanging of the peace sign, and so I did. She said, Aunt Susan you made it upside down. Opps, I wasn't paying attention, but I will never forget that.
Old 12-19-2016, 04:01 AM

Lovely picture of your front steps Jan. Such a festive scene. Does look cold though. It is cold here too but no snow. We went from 79* to 42* in an hour on Sat afternoon. Got down to 17* night before last & our high yesterday was 22*. Our electricity went out from 10:30 to 2:30 yesterday. Didn't know how much the space heaters helped till we didn't have 'em anymore. By 1:00 DH & I had migrated to the living room w/the wood burning stove. While it keep the house from being dangerously cold, it isn't enough to keep us comfortable by itself. We were already planning on how to warm the stew up in the wood burning stove. So glad that we didn't have to do that. I did put my tea kettle on the stove to get water warm enough to have hot tea. That sure helped me stay warm. Thinking about getting a generator.
OK, I meant to say that I bet your advent wall-hanging is so cute!It does look like a lotta work to cut out those nativity figures!

Last edited by dublb; 12-19-2016 at 04:05 AM.
Old 12-19-2016, 02:21 PM

I haven't been on for quite awhile, slowly getting back into the groove. I have been trying to upload some new blocks but the computer will not let me. I'll try again. Still won't let me upload. Have to figure out why. I have only done blocks 53- thru 58, hopefully after the holidays I'll get back to them. I'm still going to have Christmas here on Christmas Eve for hopefully most of the family. The last 3 week ends have not been very good for traveling but hope next Saturday will work out for most of them. I really don't like being in the deep freeze that we have been having, but it's Iowa just stick around and the weather changes.
I'd like to wish every one a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Old 12-19-2016, 05:08 PM
Power Poster

Merry Christmas to you too, GrannyQ! Perhaps your photos won't upload because they are too large? When you browse and find the photo you want to upload, right click on it and then scroll down to "resize pictures" and left click on that. A little box will open with sizes, and you need to choose "small" and click OK. Then a new smaller version of your photo will open and you can upload it.

This site is really picky about taking small photo files only.
Old 12-20-2016, 07:12 AM

Nice hearing from you GrannyQ. Merry Christmas and Hapy New Year to you and all who read this section of QB.

Our refrigerator has stopped working and thawed out all the frozen food. What a mess. We put everything in an ice chest and set it outside where it is freezing temperatures out there. Repair man is on his way here. Always something.

Just when I thought I was winning on the S&W, the border rows did not fit the body rows. Back again to do it right...grrrrrr. HUM bug.