Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
bought a lot of fabric today >

bought a lot of fabric today

bought a lot of fabric today

Old 09-03-2017, 09:19 PM

How funny. Cleaning out my closet last week, I found a bomber style jacket from the early 90s. Instead of donating it, I wore it and remembered what I liked about it. Are you going to line your jacket? If not, I'd build my new fabric on another fabric. Do you want it quilted or just pieced?
Old 09-04-2017, 06:31 AM

After seeing the recommendation for Ibotta on this blog, I tried to enroll. I can not get the system to allow my 'JoAnn' choice for refunds; and I'm unable to remove their emails after deleting the app. A bit disappointed. Hope anyone else who uses it has better luck.
Old 09-04-2017, 07:56 AM

Default Scanning

[QUOTE=JJBlaine;7899839]Ibotta is an app for your smartphone that has rebates for hundreds of items at tons of stores. You have to scan your receipt, and sometimes scan the barcode for specific items. It's easy, almost like taking a picture with your phone.

This might be a weird question, but how do you scan with a phone?
Old 09-04-2017, 09:41 AM

Oh, I"m sorry. I didn't know you wanted pics. I don't have one of the strip pieced jacket. I'll try to get one later today.

I have some pics of the other jackets I've made. Here's one from the Coconut Chips pattern
[ATTACH=CONFIG]580041[/ATTACH]

And here's one from a log cabin variation Spice Market Jacket

And here's one from D9P D9P Jacket
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8369.JPG
Views:	1690
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	580041  
Old 09-04-2017, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Chris G View Post
After seeing the recommendation for Ibotta on this blog, I tried to enroll. I can not get the system to allow my 'JoAnn' choice for refunds; and I'm unable to remove their emails after deleting the app. A bit disappointed. Hope anyone else who uses it has better luck.
I'm sorry you're having trouble! Are you using an iphone? IPhone 4s and 5s do not support all stores. My SIL has an iPhone, so she uses an old $10 prepaid android phone on wifi for some of her rebates. If not, I would try sending an email to support. The one time I had an issue, they replied the next day, and credited my account within 48 hours. Honestly, I wouldn't give up, I've gotten hundreds of $$ back over the last 1-1/2 year with this app.

[QUOTE=disijudy;7900057]
Originally Posted by JJBlaine View Post
Ibotta is an app for your smartphone that has rebates for hundreds of items at tons of stores. You have to scan your receipt, and sometimes scan the barcode for specific items. It's easy, almost like taking a picture with your phone.

This might be a weird question, but how do you scan with a phone?
The app uses your phone's camera app, so you just point your phone at the receipt like you are taking a picture.
Old 09-05-2017, 06:12 AM

Love all your jackets! That's on my bucket list to do.
Old 09-07-2017, 08:48 AM

Many years ago I made a quilted vest that a friend requested. She didn't want it to be too bulky, so I omitted the batting, but I used a thin, preshrunk muslin foundation to work the design on. I marked the vest pattern pieces on the muslin, but cut them about an inch bigger all around to allow for any pulling up of the size due to the piecing. Then I chose paper foundation pieced blocks for the center of each front side and the back, and marked the lines on the muslim with pencil and then pieced them together with additional strips around the edges to get area large enough that I could lay out the pattern on it. The vest was lined in the way the pattern showed, covering the foundation work, and then I did just a little outline quilting.

I wish I had a picture of it, but that was before digital cameras when taking pictures didn't come to mind except for special occasions. I hardly remember it except that it had pineapple blocks and my friend wanted brown and peach tones.

You could do some seminole type strips for the areas beyond a center design, or really any type of border. Jackets also lend themselves well to doing some applique or embroidery work on the blocks.

Have fun! Be sure to show us your finished jacket.
Old 09-11-2017, 12:16 PM
Power Poster

Love the Picture of the jacket. Looks great.