Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Just can't cut it! >

Just can't cut it!

Just can't cut it!

Old 12-02-2017, 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by letawellman View Post
There is actually a book by that same name - "Just Can't Cut It" by Pamela Mostek. It gives several patterns to showcase those fabrics that a just TOO PRETTY TO CUT. I bought my copy 2nd hand from one of my guild members.

PaperPrincess, thanks for the link!!

But I STILL haven't cut any of my Asian-themed fabrics.

OneByOne, that's a sad story about your guild member. Definitely a lesson to us all. Just one more thing on my never-ending to-do list.
Thank you for the suggestion! I found the book on eBay (free shipping) for $4.18.
Thank you PaperPrincess for link to The Craftsmman. It is a nice block for a beginner like me.
Old 12-02-2017, 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by Watson View Post
I bought this piece of fabric at the Quilt Canada show and I love it.
I love to take it out and look at it.
I've seen a number of patterns I could use it for.
But, I just can't bring myself to cut into it.
Anyone else have fabric like that? Or am I the only crazy pretty fabric hoarder?
Let's see pics of your can't-bear-to-cut-it fabrics! (Unless I'm the only one)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]584491[/ATTACH]

Watson
. I have some Charley harper designs that I have not cut..it was pricey and so unique...hard to cut
Old 12-02-2017, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
Many years ago, I bought several pieces of FINE Japanese fabrics. One of them was "just can't cut it". Hung it on the wall. To this day, it's the only one I've used. I guess they all are "just can't cut it". Course, when I loose the wt and think of myself as gorgeous......
Someone actually suggested framing those special fabrics
Old 12-03-2017, 06:36 AM

how about this Figgy Pudding quilt? I have this pattern stashed away as I am hoping to dive into my piles of fabric this next yr. One new project, next a UFO and ALWAYS using up stash!

http://www.modabakeshop.com/2009/12/...ing-quilt.html
Old 12-03-2017, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by tuckyquilter View Post
Not any more! I saw a post (on another site) by a gal who always went to garage and estate sales saying how sad it was to see "relatives selling the fabric" at 50¢ to $1.00 a yard. It's been several months since I read that, and NOW nothing is sacred. I bought it to use, and use I will, in something. After that post I did a mini inventory of what I really had on hand, and it was crazy. Right now, if you're at my home and say you really like a piece of fabric, half of it might just go home with you, or maybe all of it. I've NEVER SEEN A HEARSE WITH A UHAUL. Use it folks.
Thank you for this reminder... and this is just another reason I'm on both the UFO and Fabric Moratorium boards.
After I finish quilting the most recent UFO that is on my frame, I'm going to dig into my "just can't cut" Asian fabrics and THINK OF HOW TO USE THEM!!!

Which reminds me, I've been wanting to do my Anita Goodesign Mariners' Compass... I think I'll use them for THAT!!