Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Broke down and bought a new machine >

Broke down and bought a new machine

Broke down and bought a new machine

Old 01-25-2018, 01:41 PM

[QUOTE=MarionsQuilts;7988697]

There is only ONE thing I miss from my topaz 30 ... when the presser foot was up, you didn't have to drop it to start sewing, it would drop automatically. I so miss that! I sewed last night and most of today, and every single time I got beeped at to lower the presser foot LOL ... that will take some getting used to.

When you on the display page for sewing do you have the "presser foot button" with a needle? That is the pivot function which should do what you want.

Check your manual for "pivot" and it will explain that feature. I'm not sure if you can toggle it to "ON" in the preferences page. Have you gone through those yet?

I believe the "pivot" is connected when the foot pedal is used instead of the start/stop button on the machine front.

Good luck!
Old 01-25-2018, 03:18 PM

Rhonda. You are brill Ant. Thank you. I found it!! Happy dance. Your instructions were perfect. Didn't need the manual!! I have been referring to it for a couple of things. It is a great manual.
Old 01-25-2018, 03:22 PM

YAY!!

So excited for you. I didn't use that feature at first and one of our teachers showed us. I love it! Does your machine have the laser light too? Another great one.
Old 01-25-2018, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by JanBech View Post
This is the very machine I bought just before Thanksgiving. I LOVE using it, but it does take some getting used to for some of the features I have never had before....like the foot going up every time I pause, or using the cutter instead of my scissors. I LOVE the needle threader!!!! I must say, though, I am a little disappointed in the built-in embroidery stitches. Not much that I would want to use....wish I could get those out of the memory so I could save more of what I like. Also, it is a little more hassle than I anticipated to go back and forth from sewing to embroidery....changing out the emb unit and the foot every time. Wow, do I sound like an ungrateful complainer!! I feel so fortunate to have been able to get this beautiful machine! I have done some embroidery for sure and purchased many designs, but I am taking a Basic Embroidery Class this Saturday to learn, learn, learn.....tips, techniques, tricks, stabilizers, threads, etc. Congrats on the machine!
it is definitely a bit more work to switch back and forth from embroidery to sewing. And I keep forgetting to plug the feet in. If my topaz 30 hadn't crashed so many times I was really happy with it. But I read so many more positive reviews compared to the Viking that I wanted to see how much better the brother is.

this machine sews a lot smoother, the embroidery is smoother as well.it will take me some time to get used to the new machine, but I am very happy with it!
Old 01-25-2018, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda K View Post
YAY!!

So excited for you. I didn't use that feature at first and one of our teachers showed us. I love it! Does your machine have the laser light too? Another great one.
I just noticed I called you a brill ant ... gotta love siri LOL ... i did mean brilliant!!!

Yes, it has the laser light, I just finished using it to do some straightline quilting!
Old 01-26-2018, 12:37 PM

Pretty!!! Let us know how much you love it in few weeks!!!😀😀
Old 02-04-2018, 04:01 PM

Marion Quilts,

Happy to help anytime.

PS: [ATTACH=CONFIG]588460[/ATTACH]

This is the speed control button. It slides with slow on left and faster on the right.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Brother Sewing machine.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	588460  
Old 02-04-2018, 09:36 PM

Congratulations!! What a pretty machine .. I’m partial to blue and white . You are going to have so much fun.. enjoy!!
Old 02-05-2018, 01:04 PM

Rhonda - your PM worked ... thanks! I had to go into the menu to remove the stitch width as an option, but now I have a governor for my heavy foot!
Old 02-08-2018, 05:11 PM

I Bought this same machine in November. I love it!