facial cream

Old 02-08-2018, 02:00 PM

Instead of vaseline I just saw on another site to slowly melt together 1/8 cup beeswax pellets & 1/2 cup good quality olive oil. When cool use this instead of vaseline.
Old 02-08-2018, 03:34 PM

I just finished making the hand lotion. A double batch cost $14 and I got 6 and 1/2 cups. Feels real nice. I used a 28 oz of DG baby lotion, 16 oz of Vit E cream and 13 oz jar of DG Vasiline. The vasiline was 3 oz short and the baby lotion was 2 oz short. It all worked good with my kitchen aid mixer. [ATTACH=CONFIG]588653[/ATTACH] It looks good enough. to eat.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3646.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	481.4 KB
ID:	588653  
Old 02-08-2018, 06:27 PM
Power Poster

I would not use these products on my face, but that is just a personal choice. I use body butters after my shower, but for my face I make face serums with moringa oil, rosehip oil, jojoba oil, argan oil, and a small amount of vitamin e oil. It isn't cheap but I bought a couple of products a month until I have what I like. I like using all natural products and they don't feel heavy like creams. They just feel soft.
Old 02-09-2018, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae View Post
I would not use these products on my face, but that is just a personal choice. I use body butters after my shower, but for my face I make face serums with moringa oil, rosehip oil, jojoba oil, argan oil, and a small amount of vitamin e oil. It isn't cheap but I bought a couple of products a month until I have what I like. I like using all natural products and they don't feel heavy like creams. They just feel soft.
Could you give us the recipe please? I'd much rather use oils.
Old 02-09-2018, 05:14 PM
Power Poster

Here there is still Crisco and store brand vegetable shortenings. Even lard can be bought. Lard makes the best biscuits. Ate a real fluffy biscuit at a fast food take out lately? It's made with lard. It can be listed as all natural because it is. The lard is in the hispanic section at most grocery stores.