Boom 21 - Dunes

Old 06-09-2018, 05:26 PM

I am on FB and you can make album settings set to only you can see. I use that to save all pics I find online that have blocks or settings I like. That way they are easy for me to see and find but I don't flood my FB w/ quilt pics.
Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Kass, I spend hours and hours going thru old blocks, Pinterest, magazines, etc., yet when I find something I like, I think to myself, oh, I’ll remember where I saw it. Nope. Not ever!

Sewbiz, F8s started coming in right away. Am very pleased people are jumping on it but they don’t need to be in my hands until the 18th. There’s time! That’s a really good thing because I’m still deciding. Lol.
Old 06-09-2018, 05:26 PM

Sew, where do you sell your fabric on line? I buy on Facebook some on quilters classifieds. have been lucky to find out of print fabrics from peoples stash! Lots of people have lots of stash!! LOL..
Old 06-09-2018, 07:30 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
Sew, where do you sell your fabric on line? I buy on Facebook some on quilters classifieds. have been lucky to find out of print fabrics from peoples stash! Lots of people have lots of stash!! LOL..
I was going to cross post on Quilter's Classifieds, but my sale got so big I just couldn't manage cross posting. I put it on Sew It's For Sale. SIFS has the biggest membership, as far as I know.
Old 06-09-2018, 07:36 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I am on FB and you can make album settings set to only you can see. I use that to save all pics I find online that have blocks or settings I like. That way they are easy for me to see and find but I don't flood my FB w/ quilt pics.
That sounds like my Pinterest pages, minus the annoying ads.
Old 06-10-2018, 04:08 AM

I find pintrest frustrating and difficult to navigate so I have never used it.
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
That sounds like my Pinterest pages, minus the annoying ads.
Old 06-10-2018, 07:39 AM

Hi Girls

I'm home well for a couple of weeks I'll be leaving again in about 10 days for a wedding in Lake Tahoe and then a trip to Colorado to see my youngest daughter. Overall my trip to Sedona went well we had to not do some of the hiking we wanted but overall that didn't make a huge difference. The periodic application of ice to the foot and the consumption of really good beers and the occasional cocktail went a long way in keeping me going. If you have never visited Sedona and Oak Creek Canyon I highly recommend it, it truly is a desert beauty that can't be experienced anywhere else.

All the beautiful fabrics I am seeing have me excited to get started I'm loving the idea's you guys have.

LJD: I am so sorry for your fall that is truly awful heal fast my friend we want you back soon.

Stafar: Welcome I am glad you are able to join us I love your fabric it will make awesome baby quilts.

Terri: great news on your health I hope your insurance covers it and you can get it done and feeling better ASAP. Also your fabric is great, remember the floral I sent out a few rounds ago booms 15 and 16 because I had a bolt of it? this one
[ATTACH=CONFIG]595799[/ATTACH]
ya I still have some of it hahahaha I love those blocks yes blocks I still have not put them together into a quilt or 2 I could possibly make 3 hahahaha whatever I love it and I'll figure something out.

GramE: Hi nice to see you again your pallet is soft and lovely it will be beautiful together.

Kass: whats the sewing machine verdict? will you be getting a new one or creating all your blocks by hand this round? fyi I put your name on the swirly vortex fabric you made 2 awesome blocks with the stripes I can't wait to see what you come up with this one.

Cheesehead: that fabric is fun and wild I love it

My F8's are ready to go out tomorrow they will be to our swap master extraodinaire Wednesday.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	boom 15-16.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	595799  
Old 06-10-2018, 08:48 AM

Billi, I remember that fabric I made a dragon fly and a convergance block and two other blocks.

A whole boom w/ hand piecing wow that would be intense! It is working at least for now, I still don't know what was wrong w/ it so not sure if it is apt to stop again or not.
Old 06-10-2018, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I find pintrest frustrating and difficult to navigate so I have never used it.
. Me too. I dislike Pinterest with a passion.
Old 06-10-2018, 09:06 AM

Billi are you still thinking pink and white?
Old 06-10-2018, 09:09 AM

Wait a minute, forgive me I have been up all night at work, Billi aren't you sending the indigo / white fabric? Are you changing to the floral or sending the floral for one group?