Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting crush >

Quilting crush

Quilting crush

Old 07-07-2018, 01:09 PM
Power Poster

I've never had any quilting crushes but have felt awe for a few. Sharon Schamber's work is just unbelievable and the works of art of Hollis Chaterlain are jaw dropping. I admire Jenny Doan for the respect she and her husband has from their children and what a great family they are and what they have achieved by pulling together as a family. Eleanor Burns for being the Queen of Quilting. She changed the quilting world.
Old 07-07-2018, 03:26 PM

There are a few gals on this board that I have great respect for - their quilting abilities, the way they interact with others and the wisdom/advice they share is quite impressive. In that regard, I can understand Pamela having a 'quilting crush' (assuming it's someone on this board she's referring to). I, too, aspire to be just like them someday

Christine
Old 07-08-2018, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by JanieH View Post
I have several "quilting heroes" here on the QB - they are always ready to step in and help someone with a problem and they post beautiful work. And they are very supportive and encouraging for everyone!
Yes This! Ordinary people doing extraordinary things.
Old 07-10-2018, 06:08 AM

I had a chance to take a class with Susan Carlson. I had to sign up close to a year in advance. When I saw her at the show in Houston (months before the class- she didn't know me from Adam!), I went Totally groupie on her! I yelled her name, hugged her like I knew her...it was SoO embarassing! I had never done anything like that before! When I got to take her class, we laughed about it...but I am still embarassed! lol

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-21-2018 at 10:16 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps