Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter's 2018-19 Mystery Quilt "Good Fortune" >

Bonnie Hunter's 2018-19 Mystery Quilt "Good Fortune"

Bonnie Hunter's 2018-19 Mystery Quilt "Good Fortune"

Old 11-21-2018, 08:29 PM

Carol, that fabric is lovely. And if you have most of the fabrics in your stash, that should make it easier to get started.

Thanks for the kind words about my fabrics Carol, sewbizgirl, AmyBible, joe'smom, and Pagzz. These are more like me, since I am a winter!
And thank you, too, joe'smom, for the heads up. I haven't seen Bonnie's video yet, so hadn't heard her suggestion. The photo is probably a little dark, especially for the turquoises. I pulled a few more lighter fabrics in both color families, so I have more than enough yardage to pick and choose once I see what the patterns are going to be. At least I hope so!

Leslie
Old 11-22-2018, 07:54 AM
Power Poster

Happy Thanksgiving, and good day to everyone!! Only 1 more "sleep"!!

Have any of you been sewing and trying to finish up those ufo's hanging around, to get finished before this mystery starts?
Old 11-22-2018, 08:28 AM

One more, one more, one more....than Weeee!!! It will be here!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-22-2018 at 01:57 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 11-22-2018, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
Krista, how will you be changing up the colors?
These are my colours. My red is her blue. My purple is her red. My green is her orange (because that's the one I have the widest range on) and my orange is her green. Anyone want to take bets on how many times I mess that up?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]604295[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20181102_230825-735338.jpg
Views:	388
Size:	238.0 KB
ID:	604295  
Old 11-22-2018, 09:52 AM

Krista, I changed up the colors, too, and I took a photo of my fabrics with the color card on the pile, and I'm going to stick that up on the window right in front of my cutting table, LOL.

Mariposa, I had a couple of projects I was working on, and got them squared away in time for tomorrow. But I don't have all of my mystery fabrics pressed yet.

I wish everyone a lovely day, and see you in the morning!
Old 11-22-2018, 10:33 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]604301[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]604302[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]604303[/ATTACH]I needed to check my blues. I think they pass.

I did get the Christmas ribbon box top done and the long in coming together hanging gardens. I was reading the pattern incorrectly, mixing up the sizes and that is what made it difficult for me.

What time, Lisa, do you think she will post the first clue and the pre order form for the new book? Marcia
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20181122_131043_resized.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	317.5 KB
ID:	604301   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181122_130016_resized.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	535.3 KB
ID:	604302   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181122_125741_resized.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	408.4 KB
ID:	604303  
Old 11-22-2018, 10:55 AM

Battleaxe, your blues are lovely, I like the projects you are working on. So pretty.

Kristakz, Your fabric are beautiful. I may have some fabrics of yours in my stash.

This time tomorrow I will be working on cutting out my 1st clue. I'm hoping she will not be starting with my purple color. I still need to wash one of my fabrics. I'm trying to finish up with my Nebraska quilt top. I figure 6-7 more hours of work. I miscalculated the number of blocks for the 2d border and have to back track and make 4 more blocks. Plus iron, square, and put the thing together. Goal to get it finished before tomorrow afternoon. So back to my happy sewing.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone and happy sewing.
Old 11-22-2018, 11:46 AM

Marcia, as far as I recall, the clues have always been out by 9 a.m. Central and usually closer to 8:00. For some reason, whenever I've gone to the Good Fortune page on the blog, I've never been able to see the link to the new clue until a while after it's been posted, but someone has always posted the link in this thread, so that's what I've relied on. I have no idea about Bonnie's plans for the new book. Your projects are beautiful!
Old 11-22-2018, 01:33 PM

Thanks to everyone for their kind words and thoughts. Yes, I am eating my second plate of dressing and gravy. I'll really have to cut and sew with fervor to work off these pounds.

I thought BH daily blog said she would put the new book up for pre-order with the first clue. I'm in the same leaky boat as I can never find the clues until the next day unless I find it on this thread.

Krista, I would mess that sequence up royally. I tried changing colors with my Allietare and it took me three years. The changes just didn't go together well. But I'm the one that is a little bit blue/yellow colorblind. Dad is red/green colorblind and was grounded in WWII as a pilot. My next door neighbor tells me I just don't see color the same way everyone else does.

There are all sorts of factors to consider, like hue, strength, tone, etc. Good luck with that and I'll be interested to follow your progress. This time I am sticking with hers.

Marcia

Last edited by Battle Axe; 11-22-2018 at 01:41 PM.
Old 11-22-2018, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
Thanks to everyone for their kind words and thoughts. Yes, I am eating my second plate of dressing and gravy. I'll really have to cut and sew with fervor to work off these pounds.

I thought BH daily blog said she would put the new book up for pre-order with the first clue. I'm in the same leaky boat as I can never find the clues until the next day unless I find it on this thread.

Krista, I would mess that sequence up royally. I tried changing colors with my Allietare and it took me three years. The changes just didn't go together well. But I'm the one that is a little bit blue/yellow colorblind. Dad is red/green colorblind and was grounded in WWII as a pilot. My next door neighbor tells me I just don't see color the same way everyone else does.

There are all sorts of factors to consider, like hue, strength, tone, etc. Good luck with that and I'll be interested to follow your progress. This time I am sticking with hers.

Marcia
The clues come out on her blog as the daily post first. Then she manually links them to the tab for the mystery, so it does take time to get there. I just go to her blog first thing and check the last 2 or 3 posts to make sure i haven't missed it.

I have already warned most of the people I'm sewing with not to look at my colours when we're working on the clues. I'm actually more concerned about messing one of them up, when they see what colour I'm using and second guess themselves. There are about 12 of us sewing together this year, so it should be great fun to see all the colour choices coming together.