2019 UFO Challenge

Old 01-13-2019, 03:01 PM
Power Poster

Welcome NoraB... I'm making a big January commitment, too.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:02 PM

kikajess, welcome! Give us some pictures when you can. :-) Best wishes for your new home. I hope the neighborhood welcomes you! :-)

NoraB, I'm trying not to sign up for swaps and BOMs too. It's a struggle for me, because I love to do that. But... on to the UFOs!

Teen, hahahaha :-p
Old 01-14-2019, 07:00 AM

I'd like to join. Hoping to do better than last year. I completed only one last year. Kind of embarrassing as the year before I did better and I was in a walking boot for part of that year. Here is hoping for a better year. While I have the UFOs in a pile, I'm not sure how many are there. This week I will go through and pick one.
Old 01-14-2019, 07:37 AM
Power Poster

Welcome elly66! Well... life happens. At least you got one UFO done last year! That's better than some of us...

I have a few donation tops to quilt before my guild meeting Saturday... then I hope to start working on quilting some older UFOs that never got quilted. We'll see...
Old 01-14-2019, 09:59 AM

Welcome elly66!!! Pick the most simple and less time consuming finishes first...maybe that will help.

sewbiz...you always accomplish so much that I am super surprised you have UFO's. Lol.. You are a dynamo and I'm always so impressed with what you can pump out. You got this!!
Old 01-14-2019, 11:56 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Teen View Post
sewbiz...you always accomplish so much that I am super surprised you have UFO's. Lol.. You are a dynamo and I'm always so impressed with what you can pump out. You got this!!
Thanks for that vote of confidence, Teen! Oh yes, I have UFOs....
Old 01-14-2019, 01:28 PM

I'm in again this year! Off to a roaring start, since it is Jan 14 and I'm just finding this thread now. But I'm going to blame my Christmas visitor (my Mom, who just went home 2 days ago) for that.

Last year I finished 18 UFOs from my list!!! And 35 quilts in total - OMG I didn't think it was that many, but the blog doesn't lie. Every finish is recorded there.
Problem is, I had 49 UFOs in various stages of completion at the start of last year. And this year I have ... 43 UFOs in various stages I'm not gonna do the math to figure out how many new quilts I started (and didn't finish) last year.

So, my goal this year - 19 in 2019. But maybe my goal needs to be fewer starts. Of course, I have 4 mystery quilts in progress right now, so that is not likely to be an achievable goal. But 19 UFO finishes is. I have been working away this weekend, and have 3 quilted and ready for binding already.
Old 01-14-2019, 04:27 PM

Wow, Krista! You are a quilting boss, both with UFOs & new projects. I started & finished 12 projects, some small, so I bow to your mastery.
Old 01-15-2019, 03:30 PM

I am happy to say I wandered into the sewing room and finally finished a baby quilt for the newest and first little girl we have had in the "grand " bunch. I had started this when Parker's arrival was forthcoming and changed my mind. Then, Hudson arrived. His quilt was something else also. Now, baby girl Whitley is here and I have decided that she is who the quilt was waiting on. She is just a few months old so I'm not too far off target. Poor kid, getting a quilt that was planned years before she was!
(I can't post a picture, it fails to upload.) I think I will see what else has been waiting it's turn.... Off to the sewing room!!
Old 01-15-2019, 04:11 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by edwardsfm View Post
(I can't post a picture, it fails to upload.) I think I will see what else has been waiting it's turn.... Off to the sewing room!!
Try making your picture smaller (much smaller!) That's usually what the problem is.

Congrats on the new baby grand daughter!