Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
stash in a flash service >

stash in a flash service

stash in a flash service

Old 03-06-2019, 01:15 PM

Default stash in a flash service

Has anybody tried this service? I like the fact that they support quilt shops. Kind of like a sew sampler kind of deal but more personalized.

https://www.stashinaflash.com/faq
Old 03-06-2019, 03:03 PM

Haven't heard of them. Be interesting to hear what other folks have to say.
Old 03-06-2019, 08:30 PM

This sounds like a great idea. I would partake but I already have so much. Sigh. The life of. quilter. Would love to see what you are given.
Old 03-07-2019, 04:05 AM

It won't let me look at the questionnaire without signing up for an account, but if I'm reading it correctly, it seems that I'm to pay $20 for someone to try to choose items that I might like, and then mail them to me. Then I'm supposed to decide which of those items I'd like to keep, and can use that $20 toward purchasing those items. Whatever I don't like, it says I can send back.

Am I understanding it correctly? If so ...

It says on their Facebook page that shipping is free, but who pays the return postage on unwanted items? (And in reality, shipping is never really free. Profit-wise, it's gotta be factored in there somewhere. )

Are they able to get discounts that aren't available to the general public? If not, wouldn't it be easier and more cost-effective for me to do my own shopping? That way, I know for sure that I'd like everything, and wouldn't have to go to the trouble of mailing back unwanted items. (That said, I absolutely love surprises, and have been happily signed up with FQS's Sew Sampler box for almost a year now.)

Are there photos of past shipments or examples we can see, so we can get a general idea of what we get for our money?

What if I don't like any of the items? What happens to my $20 in that case?

I wish them the best, and may possibly be interested if they can offer some great deals, but at the same time, I feel that they need to provide more details before asking people to sign up for an account, especially being a new company.
Old 03-07-2019, 04:57 AM

I prefer to shop myself - online shops and eBay have more choice than I really need - in fact too much when I look at my stash.
Old 03-07-2019, 05:15 AM

In this day and age I don't trust anybody, especially with "such good deals."
Old 03-07-2019, 06:18 AM

I prefer to shop local. We do so much on-line shopping that stores are closing and that is something I don't like to see. And having someone out there shopping for me they are the ones getting to TOUCH the fabric. Not something I am willing to give up without a fight.
Old 03-07-2019, 08:43 AM

That $20 "shopping fee" is pretty pricey; I think I'd rather develop a stash by online and/or local shopping myself and end up with a relaxing time of browsing, truly free shipping sites, and twenty bucks worth of fabric. Interesting approach, but I think they're going to need to do some revision on what they charge to "shop."
Old 03-07-2019, 10:07 AM

Interesting concept, but I don't want to give up that much control over my choices, nor drop $20 for someone to do it for me (I find fabric shopping too much fun--I'd pay someone $20 a month to grocery shop, but not fabric shop). Besides, I think they're aware that most people hate the hassle of doing returns. They would have to absorb the cost of return shipping to entice me.
Old 03-07-2019, 10:30 AM

I believe the return shipping is free (or factored in depending on your perspective)
Originally Posted by zozee View Post
Interesting concept, but I don't want to give up that much control over my choices, nor drop $20 for someone to do it for me (I find fabric shopping too much fun--I'd pay someone $20 a month to grocery shop, but not fabric shop). Besides, I think they're aware that most people hate the hassle of doing returns. They would have to absorb the cost of return shipping to entice me.