Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Coffee Drinkers, let's chat about coffee >

Coffee Drinkers, let's chat about coffee

Coffee Drinkers, let's chat about coffee

Old 06-07-2019, 06:25 PM
Banned

Keurig Brewer for hubs & I. He likes the dark roasts like Sumatra.
I like Vermont Country Blend, Donut Shop,and several others.
We both love 100% Pure Kona.
Old 06-09-2019, 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by tuckyquilter View Post
I add a flat scoop of Don Francisco Express to my regular Folgers Dark Roast in my 12 cup pot, as I like my coffee strong too. I use my stovetop ZanZibar to brew my expresso. I also have a French Press and a one cup maker too. I'm addicted. Got this tall cup from a quilting friend. She's a hoot.
Love the cup!!!
Old 07-26-2019, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by goldsberry921 View Post
My husband always has to stand at the island directly behind the fridge door. That is so annoying to me! As my friend's grandma use to say...'It's a one butt kitchen!" I don't mind the smell other than lingering microwave popcorn...
Ha! My husband does the same thing!
Old 07-26-2019, 01:16 PM

I would love to have an espresso machine. Lucky you.
Old 07-26-2019, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Nanny's dollface View Post
I am a double espresso coffee drinker. Brewed coffee unless I’m visiting where the only coffee is instant. I have an expresso maker, single pod maker , hand expressed maker, and a regular brewed coffee maker. I really think I need my own room. Lol for flavors, I do enjoy brewed blueberry and in the fall a good pumpkin spice latte.
I’d love to have an expresso machine. Lucky you.
Old 07-28-2019, 05:53 AM

I'm not really supposed to have coffee due to acid and Barretts. So I limit myself to one cup a day. It's a very large cup....

DH does not drink coffee, so now that I am retired and home, I use a keurig. Green Mountain Caramel Vanilla Creme. Not a strong flavor. Detest hazelnut anything, as well as sweet drinks. Sad, bc so many sound so yummy!

Starbucks regular coffee tastes like burnt beans to me. However, I love the Blonde! I also found out that you can special order just about anything there, so I do sometimes get a blonde with 1/2 the syrup the put in drinks. It gives the flavor without being so sweet.

Did you know that light roast actually has more caffeine in it? Darker roasts are usually thought of as stronger with the assumption that they must also have extra caffeine, but that is not the case.

I drink coffee with 2% milk. Can do 1% or whole in a pinch, but dislike cram or skim. Guess I am picky, lol!
Old 07-28-2019, 06:01 AM

I also love a more round mug. This is my favorite.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190728_095502711.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	615348  
Old 07-28-2019, 07:03 AM

I recently was gifted a large bottle of Praline flavoring for coffee. I thought I had died and gone to heaven! A single TBS of the Praline with whipped cream and chocolate mocha drizzle started my day off in an entirely different way. Like having a desert for breakfast in the best coffee I ever tasted in my entire life!! I didn't know I could make such a wonderful brew!
Now that I have run out of the Praline Syrup, I am in search of another bottle of it. Of course carmel will work too. I have only a couple large cups of coffee a day and as I am typing am enjoying this second cup.
When I don't have the above mentioned Praline syrup I will use flavored creamers daily I have my favorites, Creme Brulee, Raspberry Chocolate and French Vanilla. I love a rich Brazilian bean.
Oh yeah, one very important thing about morning coffee. At all cost it must stay away from fabrics of any kind, most importantly WIPS on the floor that need to be walked around and never put coffee much on cutting counter.
Old 07-28-2019, 08:51 AM
Power Poster

I recently discovered and hope it is true, that eggshells reduce acid in coffee. I know I have heard that some people put eggshells in their coffee, to improve the taste? But, I have started saving my eggshells, washing them out, and crushing about a half into the little cup that holds the grounds. I have one of those one cup makers but it has the option of using my own coffee without filling a pod. I find the eggshell dissolves completely and gives me some calcium too. I think if it affects the taste, I am not aware of it. I recently gave up the powdered creamer and use the little tubs of real half and half. I am enjoying my new recipe!
Old 07-28-2019, 09:01 AM

I really enjoy my coffee! The stronger, the better. Yum!