Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Machine & Table Opinions Needed >

Machine & Table Opinions Needed

Machine & Table Opinions Needed

Old 07-10-2019, 06:15 PM

I have the PQ1500 and have had it about 4 yrs with no problems. Tension setting once set you don't have to mess with much, and it will take any thread you want to feed it. Very easy to do regular maintenance on. I have mine mounted on a Grace EZ2 frame and have done many many quilts on it. I bought mine on-line and have been very happy with it.
Old 07-11-2019, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by selm View Post
I have an Arrow Gidget table and really like it for the price. It is portable but I've never moved it once set in position although I found it easy to move to one place to another when I moved. If you go to allbrands.com you can compare different sewing tables of all kinds. The Gidget is less expensive on allbrands than on Amazon.
I use my Arrow Gidget II table with my Bernina 550 for retreats - this table is longer and wider than the SewEzi. I found an excellent price Sewing Machines Plus!
Old 07-11-2019, 03:31 PM

[QUOTE=zozee;8275455]Agreed—Sewing Machines Plus is a terrific company online. I bought my first little Janome from them (had questions, talked to a real person to order it) and the next time I callef in two weeks to order other stuff, tslked to the same guy and he remembered my name![/QUOTE

I agree ! Every single thing that I have ordered from them, they went the extra mile to talk and answer my questions. I never felt rushed or pushed into one product over another. The owner actually called me once to tell me that a foot I had ordered was back ordered...real people, real customer service!
Old 07-11-2019, 03:35 PM

I would put my extra money into the machine I wanted, and deal with a table later. There are tons of you tube videos on how to drop a sewing machine into a table or how to raise the height of your table top to your sewing machine bed height..what I did was use an old formica topped table and cut out the place for the machine, made a simple box for it to set in, and attached it to the table. A little turtle wax on the table top and a quilt moves like it's on ice.
Old 07-15-2019, 06:06 PM

I absolutely love my Juki 2010. You will too!
Old 07-15-2019, 06:51 PM

If you have the space, you can probably get a used sit down mid arm for a very reasonable price.

In any case, try to get the machine with the most throat space that will fit in your room and your budget.
Old 07-16-2019, 03:02 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by 1screech View Post
I absolutely love my Juki 2010. You will too!
I love mine, too! I was just using it early this morning, remarking to myself how easily it quilts and sews with my ruler work.
Old 07-16-2019, 05:36 AM

I decided on the Juki and ordered it from Amazon this morning! It's Prime days, so I earned 6% rewards by using my Amazon card. Bonus! That's 60 bucks I can spend next month on accessories. �� I also bought a very nice desk (30" x 60" surface) from Facebook marketplace last week and I believe we can drop in both machines, offset and on opposite sides so both will be setup and usable all the time. The little one will be off to the right of the Juki so as not to interfere with quilting surface area. I can add my folding tables if needed with large quilts. I'm so excited!!! I will share pics when we eventually get my room set up. Thanks to all for your help!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-16-2019 at 07:58 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps