Jigsaw Puzzles

Old 08-11-2019, 05:25 PM

I get mine from the Friends of the Library sales, prices range from 50 cents to 3 dollars, I just finished a 2 thousand pieces puzzle, I admired it for a couple of days, then I donated back to the Library!
Old 08-11-2019, 06:17 PM

My problem with the less expensive puzzles are that the pieces are so small, they are difficult to handle.
I like Ravensburger puzzles. Very well made, so you can trade them around for years. If you ever lose a piece but it is still a fun puzzle to do, you can mark a little x on the box picture where the missing piece is. That way, when you or the next person puts it together, there won't be too much time spent looking for that missing piece.
My late mother and I spent lots of cherished hours together working puzzles. Now, she is always on my mind when I do a puzzle.
Old 08-12-2019, 12:04 PM

I work puzzles online Shockwave Patchworkz. Each puzzle you work you have a choice to go to the next level, I am up to 429. You cannot choose your puzzle. They are so much fun.
Old 08-12-2019, 06:10 PM

Thanks for the suggestions.

I do online puzzles too, but I am thinking of doing some big puzzles to frame for home decor. We don't have any art on our walls and I think it's time to put some pretty pictures up. And I love the idea of using puzzles!
Old 08-13-2019, 08:12 AM

There are puzzles with VSMs, too. One is a Monarch 15 clone with balls of yarn around it. Another is shaped llike a treadle machine and it has the seamstress on the wrong side of the machine. I don't know either maker. Sorry.
Old 08-13-2019, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by leonf View Post
There are puzzles with VSMs, too. One is a Monarch 15 clone with balls of yarn around it. Another is shaped llike a treadle machine and it has the seamstress on the wrong side of the machine. I don't know either maker. Sorry.
Oooh, those sound perfect for my sewing corner! I'll do a Google search for sewing puzzles.
Old 08-14-2019, 06:33 AM

I love Puzzle Warehouse! They are located in St. Louis, Missouri, and is the world's largest puzzle store! They have all of the good brands, a great selection, and even a monthly subscription box.
Old 08-15-2019, 03:00 AM

I do them on my IPad using jigidi.com. They have different sizes and themes. If you don’t finish one you can go back and pick up where you left off. Its the best site I’ve found and free, just download their icon.
Old 08-15-2019, 03:18 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
Thanks for the suggestions.

I do online puzzles too, but I am thinking of doing some big puzzles to frame for home decor. We don't have any art on our walls and I think it's time to put some pretty pictures up. And I love the idea of using puzzles!
I know of people that have used completed puzzles for wall art.

One lady has birds as her theme - she has mounted them all with white frames - they look nice.
Old 08-15-2019, 03:25 AM
Power Poster

I have not purchased or put together a "real" puzzle in years, but I used to like the Springbok line that was available through the Hallmark stores.

The pieces were cut in more intersesting/unusual shapes than the more inexpensive puzzles and tended to stay "put-together" when assembled.

They were more expensive that the conventionally cut ones, but were more fun to do.