Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Baby Lock Espire >

Baby Lock Espire

Baby Lock Espire

Old 08-21-2019, 06:24 PM

Default Baby Lock Espire

I may have the last name of my machine misspelled since it's not sitting in front of me. I am having problems when I am sewing over an intersection with my machine just eating the fabric, bunches up. I have tried new needles, etc. It will almost ruffle the stitch and I have to pick it out and start again. It acts as if my needle is not sharp or something. Any suggestions on what might be wrong. I cleaned out the bobbin which had a lot of lint but this is not making my sewing fun anymore. Thanks for any ideas.
Old 08-22-2019, 01:57 AM

Maybe the presser foot tension??
Old 08-22-2019, 05:05 AM

What stitch length are you using? Needle plate? You might try the straight plate if you have one.

What foot are you using? There is a foot (1/4 inch with guide) with a black button on the side that allows the foot to raise a little so it can go over bulky seams. Not sure if it available for your machine.

It may also be the way the intersections are going in to the feed dogs. Try the bottom seam pointing towards you. Top seam pointing in to the machine. Good luck!
Old 08-22-2019, 06:47 AM

I have a Viking Lily and a similar thing happened to me. The machine was having problems sewing over any seam, it would just sit there and stitch without moving for a bit and then continue (probably with a little help from me). I took it in to a repair shop and explained my problem. While I was standing there, the repair person determined that the feed dog teeth had rounded and did not have the edges to grip the fabric to move it along. He filed the teeth of the feed dogs and my machine goes over seams again.
Old 08-22-2019, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
Maybe the presser foot tension??
Yes, presser foot tension. I had that problem repeatedly until I adjusted the presser foot tension. Problem solved.
Old 08-23-2019, 05:31 PM

Thanks so much for you replies. I will have to check those feed dog feet and yes the presser foot tension.