Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Just ordered a Janome 6650 >

Just ordered a Janome 6650

Just ordered a Janome 6650

Old 11-16-2019, 04:16 AM

Ok - i just saw this machine on sale at JoAnn fabric - they list the price as $1599.99 Reg. $2299.00 Is this a great deal? I have a certified dealer about an hour away for servicing etc.
Old 11-16-2019, 06:14 AM
mkc

Originally Posted by merryj View Post
Ok - i just saw this machine on sale at JoAnn fabric - they list the price as $1599.99 Reg. $2299.00 Is this a great deal? I have a certified dealer about an hour away for servicing etc.
#1 $1599.99 is pretty much the price right now at all the online dealers (at least according to a Google search - SewVacDirect, Ken's, SewingMachinesPlus, etc). That's the current, non-special Costco price as well. $2299 is likely the MSRP that no one ever pays.

#2 Be sure the dealer would actually honor the warranty on the machine if you bought it at JoAnn's. Many will not if you did not buy the machine from them so you would have to pay for any warranty-type repairs/service that would normally be covered by a selling dealer.

Last edited by mkc; 11-16-2019 at 06:17 AM.
Old 11-16-2019, 09:51 AM

Thanks - never thought about the dealer not honoring if not bought from them.
Old 11-17-2019, 11:10 AM

Well, I took the leap as well! Found on online with at 10% new member discount, free shipping and a bonus quilters package. Have been looking at new machines for awhile and I was doing some piecing on my old machine this morning and fighting with the tension. That frustration pushed me to take the leap and make the order. I have taken the entire week of Thanksgiving off from work and intend to spend the entire time in my quilting room!
Old 11-17-2019, 09:14 PM

I really love the machine for the throat space, lighting, thread cutter, power (it sews through many adjoining seams in an 8-pointed star without much effort). I love the speed control for free motion quilting and the free motion feet it comes with are pretty great. The one thing I miss is dual feed. My Pfaff has IDT and I'm finding it hard to live without it. And I'm still on the search for the holy grail of perfect quarter inch foot for it

But yes, because of this machine I've sewn so much lately that I'm actually sore! I had to take a break! I needed the time away from life's greater problems so if I never sew another stitch, the cost of the machine is less than a therapist! ;-).
Old 11-17-2019, 09:25 PM

The great "warranties" that come with machines are not always all that great. The Janome "25-year warranty" is a 1-year parts and labor warranty on mechanical and electronic parts, wherein we who bought online have to send the machine to Janome. If we'd bought our machines locally, the local dealer would probably pay the labor and Janome would spring for the parts. At year 2, Janome will pay for mechanical and electronic parts, but the labor is on us, even if we bought through a dealer. The dealers would work on our machines, even if we bought online, just like they'd work on any used machine. The 3rd through 25th year is only on mechanical parts, the pieces that probably never wear out anyway. Bobbin holders and things like that aren't covered.

Buying through Costco, I used my Costco Visa which extends the manufacturer warranty for a couple years, which I assume means that electronics are covered for 2 additional years. I've used credit card warranties before and they work well! I bought a tablet computer that had issues after the formal warranty expired, and the credit card company's warranty company refunded the total price of the tablet.

Buying online comes with some risks, but the difference in price pays for a lot of shipping to Janome.
Old 11-18-2019, 05:17 AM
Power Poster

TeresaA- whenever I get out my Featherweight to sew downstairs my husband says he loves the sound of it because it reminds him of his Grandmother sewing
Old 12-04-2019, 10:32 AM

I have been looking at the same machine from Costco. There is not a listing of the feet and I'm trying to decipher the pictures but can't. Does anyone know if this Janome 6650 comes with a walking foot and a 1/4" foot??? Please if anyone can help me I would appreciate it as sale price is running out....lol....and we all love a sale.
Old 12-04-2019, 02:31 PM
mkc

Originally Posted by Dee T View Post
I have been looking at the same machine from Costco. There is not a listing of the feet and I'm trying to decipher the pictures but can't. Does anyone know if this Janome 6650 comes with a walking foot and a 1/4" foot??? Please if anyone can help me I would appreciate it as sale price is running out....lol....and we all love a sale.
It does not come with a walking foot or a 1/4" foot.

The machine is listed on Janome's website https://www.janome.com/machines/sewing/mc6650/