Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 23 - Early Birds 2 month group >

Boom 23 - Early Birds 2 month group

Boom 23 - Early Birds 2 month group

Old 10-25-2019, 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
I haven't had a chance to leave feedback yet, but I will as soon as I can. I've been sewing like a maniac to get ready for this weekend's craft fair. And next weekend's. And the next weekend's. And and and ... Whew. I don't normally do anywhere near this many craft fairs, but DH's work hours were cut awhile back, and yesterday they had a big lay-off due to lack of work, so we don't know how much longer he'll have a job. He's been there 15 years. One of the guys they laid off had been there for over 20 years. We're afraid it's just a matter of time until DH gets laid off, too, or the company goes out of business. We're hoping for the best, but trying to prepare for the worst.

No worries about the feedback, Libster. Actually, I sent a message to the admins a few days ago, asking about it, and they removed the accidental negative, so it's been fixed.

Thank you, Lord! That is the best news I've had in for ever!

Edited to say: Certainly not meaning the news concerning your DH's job situation. I hope things work out for the best for you both, be it continued employment where he currently is or new employment elsewhere.
I hope you sell out at your craft fairs!

Last edited by Libster; 10-25-2019 at 04:03 AM.
Old 10-25-2019, 06:48 AM

Default Moonrise

Moonrise totally understand the fear of the lay off for hubby. Still coming to grips with hubby’s job ending in May and he has been there 36 years, his entire work career after college. Like you we planned ahead but it is still quite a shock. Hope you do well at the craft fairs

Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
I haven't had a chance to leave feedback yet, but I will as soon as I can. I've been sewing like a maniac to get ready for this weekend's craft fair. And next weekend's. And the next weekend's. And and and ... Whew. I don't normally do anywhere near this many craft fairs, but DH's work hours were cut awhile back, and yesterday they had a big lay-off due to lack of work, so we don't know how much longer he'll have a job. He's been there 15 years. One of the guys they laid off had been there for over 20 years. We're afraid it's just a matter of time until DH gets laid off, too, or the company goes out of business. We're hoping for the best, but trying to prepare for the worst.

No worries about the feedback, Libster. Actually, I sent a message to the admins a few days ago, asking about it, and they removed the accidental negative, so it's been fixed.
Old 10-25-2019, 02:06 PM
Power Poster

Moonrise, it's terrible to have to worry about impending layoff. Maybe he can find something else and leave before that happens?

Hope you have a good craft fair season. Hope the crowds are buyers and not just gawkers.
Old 11-05-2019, 08:28 AM

Hope everyone is doing well! I got back from vacation and got the bug to get some of my embroidery blocks put together into tops - they've been sitting around for long enough! Started thinking about the BH mystery and decided I really needed to finish up my crazy quilt blocks as I keep "saving" my neutrals for that project. So if I get it done, then all those neutrals can be freed up for the mystery.

But that all means my lovely set of swap blocks is sitting aside for now. They are going to make a very nice quilt!
Old 11-29-2019, 07:19 PM

Hello all! It has been a long while since i popped in, but I just got the itch today! Had a few changes in my life.. lost my job on a Monday morning almost 2 years ago, that night an old ex boss called out of the blue and asked if I was interested in a job in Hawaii...That was a big fat yes! Did the whirlwind of interviews, back n forth to Hawaii, got the job, had to sell the house, kicked the kids out, sold or gave or tossed away 25 years of junk and stuff, shipped the important stuff to Hawaii (fabric stash comprised most of it!) Downsized from 1500 sq feet to a studio that is literally 11 x 15, plus a bathroom. At age 63. Because Hawaii had been a pipe dream of mine, I already had all the waiting period/quarantine and testing and certificates done for my dog.. So my dog and I moved to Oahu. haven't sewed since i got here. Hard to find the space in here. But it has become a priority. I need to be creative again.And winter months the snorkeling isn't as good. So i need a hobby to pass the time.
Errr.. sorry for the long post.....
I am excited to see all the boomerang blocks here! So glad this is still going! You all do such lovely work. I shall lurk about and if I get my sewing area set up, I may join the next one!

Last edited by Bluelady; 11-29-2019 at 07:21 PM.
Old 11-30-2019, 10:27 AM
Power Poster

wow, what an interesting post, Bluelady!
I know what you faced going from a studio to 11 x 15'.
I am selling mine and my sewing space is half of a 7.5 x 9.5 space.
Well, I guess I'm almost taking up 3/4 but there is a doorway and
two windows in here so, you know, it affects how you place things.
I do have almost half of a bigger bedroom for my fabrics and notions
so I probably have fared better than you in the sewing dept.
You've had to make room for a bed and some chairs and a table and
your clothes etc.
How fortunate that your old boss called! wow! talk about serendipity!!!
I hope we both get to sew soon.
(I lurk on this post and some others, btw )
Old 12-10-2019, 07:38 AM

Hi ladies. Just an update I am almost finished with the blue boom quilt. It's taking me a while to quilt I on my domestic sewing machine. You can only quilt so much when the quilt is 110x110. I will have it done by this weekend and mailed off to its new home for Christmas. As soon as I am done I will post a picture. Thanks everyone for your hard work and talent for making this quilt special. Happy holidays to everyone.
Old 12-17-2019, 02:03 PM

I got my quilt done. It is on the way to its new home for Christmas. I couldn't get all of the quilt in the picture but I got most of it. It measures 106" square after quilting and washing. Thanks again to everyone for their help in making blocks for this quilt.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1087.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	621026  
Old 12-17-2019, 02:07 PM

Great finish and love how you set the blocks (pun intended)

Originally Posted by Queenbarbiej View Post
I got my quilt done. It is on the way to its new home for Christmas. I couldn't get all of the quilt in the picture but I got most of it. It measures 106" square after quilting and washing. Thanks again to everyone for their help in making blocks for this quilt.
Old 12-17-2019, 03:52 PM
Power Poster

Blue quilt looks amazing, Queen Barbie!