Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--Jan 17-20, 2020 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Jan 17-20, 2020

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Jan 17-20, 2020

Old 01-17-2020, 04:33 AM

I will start the process of attaching my flange binding to my quilt back. I am hoping to get to the final step of stitching in the ditch of the flange on the front of the quilt. I have a busy weekend, and will squeeze in a bit of sewing to get closer to being Done! Thanks for hosting.
Old 01-17-2020, 04:37 AM

We are also expecting the rain/sleet/snow/ice mix this afternoon (Friday) so I am working from home. I'll have a couple of extra hours today to work on quilts since I don't have to drive back and forth to work. I'm assembling the final rows of my Circa 1880 quilt this weekend... the end is in sight. This was so much fun, and the Facebook group is still going strong, so I might make a smaller throw size quilt to use up some of the extra strips I cut for the main one.

OK... and I "might" have started a Bonnie Hunter Sand Castles quilt .... After working with the darker muted colors of the Circa 1880 project, I'm yearning for some bright fun colors!
Old 01-17-2020, 04:58 AM

Obviously, I won't be going anyplace as we are about to get 10" of snow starting mid-morning, followed by 50 mph winds then way below zero temps. I have a quilt I want to work on. Perfect weather for that.
Old 01-17-2020, 05:03 AM

I am taking part in a 2 day sleep in your own bed retreat starting today. So I will work on the latest Merry Mayham quilt that will be donated to our guild for a local vets housing apartment. Then when I get to stay home Sunday I will do the last step in BH quilt for this year! That will keep me busy.
Old 01-17-2020, 05:05 AM

Well, I got that fabric ironed last night after hubby went to bed. Good thing because the latest/last clue for the Bonnie Hunter Mystery has just been posted and I have a lot to do! I've had a lot of doubts and issues using those hand dyed fabrics but I think I'm going to be happy with the end product. The fun thing is that the quilt I saw in that thrift store bag (some of which I was stabilizing yesterday) is sort of a camo-effect large log modern/masculine cabin quilt and the fabrics I've been using in the Mystery project were too bright/wouldn't have been used in my original idea.
Old 01-17-2020, 05:19 AM

I'm in, after a quick trip to the store before the snows hit. We are in the 6 to 10 range, will be piecing one quilt and doing some FM on another at the same time, but in different rooms with different machines. Last VQW I pieced Jacks quilt, that is the one that I have to FM.
Here are the two sides
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCI0243c.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	621888   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCI0240c.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	621889  
Old 01-17-2020, 05:22 AM

In between packing for my move, I'll quilt the red, white, & pink quilt I made from a mix of donated fabric & my stash. It's not very large, maybe a generous lap size, but it looked fine on my dining room table, so it may double as a February table cloth! I'm doing straight-line diagonal quilting, which looks good on the large 4-patches. It's raining here, so a good day to stay inside.
Old 01-17-2020, 05:43 AM

Cold here so I will be in the sewing mood for sure. I will cut out a pattern I have been wanting to make for a long time.
Old 01-17-2020, 06:32 AM

I’m in! Thanks for hosting Raggiemom.

I’ve got several projects to choose from: 1. A UFO that I added a border to, then sandwiched and started quilting last week. 2. Another UFO that I want to get sandwiched and maybe start quilting if there’s time. 3. My overflowingscrap basket needs some attention! 4. I want to get the squares cut out and designs traced for the 2017 Helen Godden quilt along traced so it’ll be ready to go when I get my paints. That’s plenty to keep me busy for a while LOL!

Rob
Old 01-17-2020, 06:36 AM

I’ll be sewing. We’re expecting a snow storm.