Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Townley treadle sewing machine >

Townley treadle sewing machine

Townley treadle sewing machine

Old 02-05-2020, 07:19 AM

and some probable history. Townley Hardware store got started in Kansas City , Missouri ( home of the Chiefs)

They have changed over the years.
A bit of history on one of my neighbors Well, 70 miles away and we've never met..
http://www.townleyservices.com/history.html
Old 02-05-2020, 08:50 AM

Thanks for that information. Any idea what an appropriate asking price should be?
Old 02-05-2020, 09:54 AM

For prices in your area, you could look at Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace. If you have attachments and the original instruction book, that would add to the value. Some people only want to make lamps and tables etc out of the old beauties and they wont offer much. Depends on your local area.
Old 02-05-2020, 11:44 AM

as with any transaction, the rpice can be negotiated be desire , availability chicken entrails and tea leaves. Prices vary across the world so far as I know you don't know if there is a shuttle and bobbin underneath the slides. If someone wants to use it, that is a vital question. If one uses ir for décor it is no big deal They don't show. When I was first on board I many ave paid $75 for yours. Now that I have too many I am getting some treadles for free.

If you sell it in KC there may be a rare collector who is after that local badge.

Check out your local on line markets and you can get an idea for asking prices. and realize you can post high and lower prices if you don't get results as soon as you want.