2020 UFO Challenge

Old 02-09-2020, 02:55 PM

Absolutely stunning, WMUteach....the story very touching. Just wonderful...

Bugaroo....beautiful finish of your first full quilt. I love the blocks in this pattern. I bought the book and hope to make my own FG2 quilt. You did a great job with fabric selection and the quilting is great. Looks soft and cuddly... Well done.. And, that bed is so cool...love it..

Last edited by Teen; 02-09-2020 at 03:00 PM.
Old 02-09-2020, 03:09 PM
Power Poster

So special, Connie! Hope that jaundice clears up right away.
Old 02-09-2020, 05:32 PM

Thank you for baby Jack comments. It was a little strange reading to him without holding him but I want him to get to know my voice along with a love for books.

Bugaroo: Congratulations on your beautiful finish. Would you please share with us the history of the headboard? My first impression was an old garage door. It reminded me of my grandparent’s door.

WMUteach: Wow! Congratulations on finishing that meaningful quilt and learning new skills. What a treasure for your nephew and his bride.

grann of 6: Your warning not to dig deep came too late! Lol! I saw some blocks on a shelf and wondered why they were there. Well, 2 more UFO’s will be added to my ‘to finish’ list soon. I may do like Rob did and combine the blocks into one top. I didn’t get very far in the Moda 2018 Blockheads 2 BOW so there aren’t many blocks in either of the 2 colorways. I had the directions with them so I will choose more blocks to make the pattern like they suggested.

Old 02-09-2020, 05:43 PM

Another UFO finish! The fabric and finished blocks were in a donation. The blocks were already sewn into 3 rows with the vertical sashing. I needed to cut one more horizontal sashing and then sew the rows together. The only fabric I added was the bright blue stop border. The outside border was from the backing fabric that was included. I will add quite a bit of fabric to my stash from the leftovers but I will keep them together to use eventually as part of a different project.

This is only a top and will be given to my church group to finish.

I don’t know how to rotate the picture. Oh, well.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	14D79318-FF6D-464A-A7D5-C92800969E30.jpeg
Views:	86
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	622450  
Old 02-09-2020, 06:20 PM

I forgot to add that the above quilt was made in a class from what I read in the quilter’s notes. Some of the blocks were from a Quilt in a Day booklet called Quilters’ Almanac, 1991 Copyright by Eleanor Burns. The other blocks were from hand-drawn/typewritten copied pages with notes from the quilter. I will definitely be keeping the booklet.
Old 02-09-2020, 09:44 PM

Default New Count and need to step down

Since last count (02/03/20) I believe we have finishes declared by

WMUTeach-1
Bugaroo-1
retiredteacher -1

Total 8.

If I’ve left anyone out, please speak up.
I’ve had a lot on my mind since Thursday. My husband’s eldest brother is in critical condition following an aortic dissection, in addition to stage 4 cancer. Family have been called. My hubby is driving to Ohio with another brother tomorrow.

Can someone please take over the count from here? Between this family emergency and grandbaby coming and son turning 18 on Valentine’s Day, I am not going to be able to stay on top of this task .

Old 02-09-2020, 10:04 PM

Grannof6, this count of 8 does not include yours since I mistakenly thought it was finished before you corrected me. Just let the new record keeper know when you’re declaring your UFO officially done, okay?
Old 02-10-2020, 04:24 AM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Zozee, I can pick up the count for the balance of February. We will all have you in our prayers.
Old 02-10-2020, 04:30 AM

Good morning everyone, thanks Krisb for taking on the task of the counter of the UFO thread, a real team player. Zozee you and your love ones is in our prayers

Happy sewing day everyone

cherryb
Old 02-10-2020, 05:12 AM

Good morning, and thank you Krisb for taking over the counting job. Zozee, my heart is with you in this difficult time for your family.
i got all 310 HSTs trimmed to size and am now ready to lay them out in some pleasing way, and hopefully get them in the finished column. The pineapple quillt is quilted and today i will trim it up and hopefully get it bound. I'll post a pic when it is finished.