Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Worth it? >

Worth it?

Worth it?

Old 02-14-2020, 04:53 PM

I would jump at the chance to buy it at that price. I have a Bernina that I bought in the early 90's that is a better machine than two expensive machines that I have bought that are other brands and of later dates. I seem to always go back to my Bernina.
Old 02-14-2020, 10:27 PM
Power Poster

Yes, that's a great deal on that machine, especially with all the stuff that comes with it. I have the model before that, the record 830 made in the 70's, and it's still going strong.
Old 02-15-2020, 06:29 AM

I have a 930 and it is an incredible machine!
Old 02-15-2020, 07:40 AM

I'd certainly consider it.

#1 - It's a Bernina

#2 - 930 is one of the real workhorses of the Bernina line and still much coveted

I don't know about your area, but $600 is a good price for one here. They usually go more like $800 and sometimes $1,000. I have one my husband bought me years ago that is not in good shape and needs a new needle bar. My OSMG asked if I wanted to sell it and said he would give me more that the $400 my husband paid for it.
Old 02-15-2020, 08:16 AM

Default Bernina

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt View Post
I love my Bernina and my Bernina shop owner who cleans mine every year. He says his problem with the machine is they last forever!

I have a Bernina 830 that I bought for $350.00 about 25 yrs ago from my neighbor in Kentucky who was a quilt teacher and the person who taught me the most about quilting. She had asked several times if I would sell it back to her and I said a firm NO. I love it and have had no problems at all with it.
It sounds like the price is right on the one you are thinking of buying.