Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Deal or no deal >

Deal or no deal

Deal or no deal

Old 02-24-2020, 09:48 AM

Thanks for the opinions. How do you feel about Anita Gooddesign in bulk for about 100- some never opened. What are these worth and what would you pay?
Old 02-24-2020, 09:51 AM

I probably would also pass but like Tallchick said that if you are trying to build a stash then you might want to consider it. Can you purchase just a few FQ's or is the seller wanting to sell the whole lot in one bunch?
Old 02-24-2020, 09:55 AM

This is a find that makes you want to jump at it. I would try to negotiate a better deal first of all. They are great stash builder for the early days. I tend to stay away from precut fq's. I find yardage to be more convenient for my personal taste and needs.
Old 02-24-2020, 12:11 PM

I'd jump on it. I have lots of fabric that is ten years old, and it's fine. If you used even a third of them, you'd more than break even, since a third of them would be $300 at a dollar apiece, and most LQS FQs go for more than that. With a lot of 1000, it certainly seems possible that there are either duplicates, or whole lines that coordinate, so you could do lots of things. How exciting for you!
Old 02-24-2020, 12:47 PM

If you are stash building I would go for it. As long as they are in good condition it doesn't matter if they are older prints. As others have said there are lots of pattern that are great for fat quarters.

If you think it's more than you want or can handle, ask a friend or two...and see if they want to split it.

If you decide to go for it hope you post a picture!
Old 02-24-2020, 01:13 PM
Power Poster

Most of my quilting friends machine embroiders and I know how much the Anita GoodDesigns are! They can run up into the $100 per cd.
Old 02-24-2020, 04:16 PM

Well I did it - couldn’t help myself. If I can figure out how to add a pic, I’ll share after I get it all away. As a bonus, they threw in a whole full bolt, three queen batting’s, stabilizer, and my pick of various yardage.
Old 02-24-2020, 04:30 PM

Score! May you spend many happy hours with your new stash
Old 02-24-2020, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mazo View Post
Well I did it - couldn’t help myself. If I can figure out how to add a pic, I’ll share after I get it all away. As a bonus, they threw in a whole full bolt, three queen batting’s, stabilizer, and my pick of various yardage.
you sound really happy! Good luck in your journey!
Old 02-24-2020, 05:53 PM

Don't you love it when you find a deal. Congrats on your "steal", I hope you have many many happy hours sewing with your new fabrics. Enjoy. Hope we get to see pics.