Its all in the perspective

Old 03-31-2020, 10:31 AM

I am so well prepared, and so happy about it. Of course that didn't prevent me from shopping online at JoAnns for polar fleece to use for donation blankets. I crochet an edging around them and they're good to go. Gives me something to do with my hands while I'm watching tv, too. I make them in all sizes from infant to teenage. No fringe because that would be ruined by the laundry rescue organizations have to do.
Old 04-01-2020, 07:36 PM

I have a great need to sort photographs so I put sewing away until the picture project gets done.
Old 04-02-2020, 03:53 AM

I'm with you Tranum - photographs need my attention also.
Old 04-02-2020, 09:32 AM

Glad you all enjoyed it - I still giggle about it. I am using up a lot of flannel and cotton fabric making face masks. All I needed was elastic - ending up with almost 400 yards. But there is an explanation - first ordered 288 yards of the 1/8th in. elastic - it was to be delivered in a week. But on the day it was set to arrive all the tracking information said "Tracking number was issued." So I wrote to the seller (on EBay) and asked why, maybe it was never picked up. So response. Waited 3 days - no response and no change. So I found another seller - selling 108 yards for under $20.00 and decided to order that. Within 24 hours it was issued a tracking number and picked up by the USPS. So I decided to seek to get my money back from the first seller, and like magic my order was "In Transit." So I will have more than enough elastic to make all the masks I want and my friends too. People are still searching for elastic around here. Took about 80 yards to my friend yesterday - told her as I dropped it off on her front porch I wondered if this was how drug dealers felt with a money drop.
Now I can send off about 100 masks to my niece in Ellensburg and make more for my daughter and her co-workers.
Old 04-02-2020, 09:55 AM

Totally agree, I am never bored unless I choose to be.
Old 04-02-2020, 04:12 PM

Yay for transforming from hoarder into prepared. It's like the cocoon that becomes a butterfly. I am enjoying this time with my stash and am so glad I have it. I did order a mini bolt from Hancocks of Kona black. It's the first time ordering any type of bolt, I've always just bought yardage, but who can't use black.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:20 PM

What a day brightener!
Old 04-05-2020, 05:04 PM

Last year, the ladies I sew with and I did a stash busting challenge and I pretty much bought no fabric all year, except little bits here and there to finish quilts or quilt backing.

I still have plenty of fabric to work with. I made a queen sized one from my batik scraps and there are probably enough scraps left for two more easily.
Old 04-14-2020, 11:42 AM
Power Poster

I am so glad for the fabric I have too. I did order a large spool of thin elastic.
Old 04-16-2020, 10:59 AM

Love having a stash! Wish I had stashed backing fabrics. All my quilts finished now will have patchwork backs.