2020 Fabric Moratorium

Old 05-13-2020, 06:59 AM

Skills or being cheap with too much time and fabric (and coffee!)... sometimes I wonder. Thing is, when I am using stash I am determined to use every bit I can!

The white on white I just got was really nice fabric. It's hard for me to pay "print" prices for "solid" fabrics, but you know, it was really nice and sometimes my cheapness can be over-written by quality. I'm happy with the American Made Brand Solids too, they do have a bit of a silkier hand than the Kona but I think I like it...

I think an edge to edge design like one of these would be an awesome finish to Cherry Goose,
https://www.urbanelementz.com/catalo...t=0&q=cherries
Old 05-13-2020, 05:13 PM

Yeah, Rob! This is an example for us all. I did something similar when preparing my grocery list for the next two weeks. I had an item on it that I just love and was going to purchase more. When I looked in the pantry, Ta-Da there were three of my items sitting on the shelf looking at me. Got to cross them off my list and out of my cart!
Old 05-14-2020, 03:27 AM

I think most of us have learned to avoid those emails and browsing (most of the time). I don't have a back yet for that black/white/yellow Minions project so was looking just at backs.

When I got to this one -- which was way after I had looked at everything I should have looked at, I started drooling and planning a top just to go with this back! And then I quickly shut down that site and came here while I come back to my senses.
https://www.equilter.com/product/264...-quilt-backing

I just want to wrap myself up in that... I found an ok choice for the Minions, not enough to buy it, and a really good back for another project that is in the collecting phase, but I am going to go into my stash and do something quick while my resolve is still holding strong!

The Bernina shop called, I'll be getting Bernie back in about a week and for less than I had feared. Will be a bit over $200 instead of closer to the $350 I was prepared for. Woohoo!
Old 05-15-2020, 07:21 AM

You have good taste in fabrics, Iceblossom. I made my granddaughter's college graduation quilt with a Northcutt Shimmer layer cake in the blue lagoon colorway. I like the purple!
Old 05-18-2020, 04:57 PM

Default Black Diamonds

Finished and ready to give away. I posted this to the 2.5 Birthday Swap Thread also this evening. This was one is all from my stash, top, batting (pieced), and back. No new anything for this one. The diamonds are black 2.5 in squares from previous swaps and a few I needed to cut from my stash. The inspiration for the "Black Diamonds" was a pattern from Weddingdressblue - Star Kissed Quilt-a-Long. I used the center of the Star Kissed pattern and went in my own direction from there.
https://weddingdressblue.wordpress.c...ed-quiltalong/

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	black diamonds b.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	625025  
Old 05-18-2020, 06:29 PM

Default Another Baby Bunny Quilt

Here is #2 a baby quilt for a just arrived little girl. This is the 4th quilt, I have made from this fabric. Each quilt was a different pattern featuring Bunny By the Bay fabric. I think I can squeeze out one more from the scraps. All from my stash even the batting.

Name:	Bunnies By the Bay - W.E. Florian 5-2020 resized.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	240.9 KB
ID:	625027   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bunny close  up 1 resized.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	625028   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bunny close up 2 resized.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	625029  
Old 05-19-2020, 03:34 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Here is #2 a baby quilt for a just arrived little girl. This is the 4th quilt, I have made from this fabric. Each quilt was a different pattern featuring Bunny By the Bay fabric. I think I can squeeze out one more from the scraps. All from my stash even the batting.
Darling quilt!
Old 05-19-2020, 05:42 AM

Fun Projects, WMUTeach!

Ok, I'm pulling in my one-time no scolding Covid exemption. It must be used by the end of May. Of course, thread, interfacing and elastic never counted anyway...

Can offer a stimulus check exemption, but in that case you really need to save that excuse for a major shopping spree! Really, don't use that on just a couple of yards of something, put a full kit or put a dent in a close-out section or something.

I've been doing more outside things and not so much sewing -- I think I get the Bernina back from the shop this week and have been waiting on that. But on Sunday I had a neighbor on one side of me who needed wood, and I had another neighbor down the street with a big brush pile she wanted gone, and there we were in the middle with a truck and a couple of saws. So we loaded up the truck (small ranger pickup, but it was a full beds-worth of long sticks about the thickness of your arm. I loaded up the grill with charcoal and meat while the hubby cut the long lengths into fire wood.
Old 05-19-2020, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Those quilts are gorgeous! I love those colors in the baby quilt and the quilting as well.
Old 05-19-2020, 12:00 PM

I have used up enough stash this winter to clear a cubby for Wally to snooze in. He likes to keep me company when I sew.

Name:	B4C3DDF6-2DFB-44A0-83BB-BB6FD82BEE78.jpeg
Views:	61
Size:	257.5 KB
ID:	625037