Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
CraftsyBluprint to Close! - Read the newest posts for Important update >

CraftsyBluprint to Close! - Read the newest posts for Important update

CraftsyBluprint to Close! - Read the newest posts for Important update

Old 06-01-2020, 01:01 PM

I just got an email from Craftsy: "Please note that we will provide a way for those of you who have purchased classes to receive a copy of the classes you purchased. For example, we’re working on a solution to give you an extended period to download your purchased classes." I really hope they do come up with a solution. I would really hate to lose my classes.
Old 06-01-2020, 04:49 PM
Power Poster

I'm not holding out much hope of getting my paid classes. I asked them to send me them on DVD.... (fat chance). I have a strong feeling in my gut that they are going to slink off into the night without giving us anything. I've gotten a few "We are working on it" emails that promise a solution-- later. I just don't think they know how to do it, or care.

There is no way I'm going to install unknown software in order to download my classes. Unacceptable.
Old 06-01-2020, 04:56 PM

I haven't received that email yet. In the meantime, I did go to each class and downloaded the "Resources" supplies and any pattern that went with the class. Yet seeing the instructor online and being able to stop/start video is why I got the classes.
Old 06-01-2020, 05:01 PM

I never really cared for Bluprint. But I loved Craftsy and downloaded and printed every pattern I purchased from them. I wanted to be sure I would have access to them in the future.

Aurora
Old 06-01-2020, 06:03 PM

I saw a video on Utube today, and one of the people watching said they hear Blueprint is being sold and would continue as when Craftys was sold... ? Hopefully we will be treated fairly
Old 06-05-2020, 11:22 AM

I wonder if anyone else is having trouble accessing own forever patterns? Many purchased from people who were selling their patterns via Craftsy or Bluprint. At the time of purchase I downloaded many but not all of the patterns. When I go to the Bluprint site it will show page one but will not let me progress to any pages past page one. The same is true with the own forever classes, fortunately I had a list of all of my classes so I was able to enter each class on my list of purchased classes via the search engine.

I too think that one day the site will be just gone without warning, so I want to gather as much as I can that I purchased in good faith.
Old 06-05-2020, 11:33 AM

I would add my name to the list of those thanking QuiltnNan for posting about downloading the software from Internet Download Manager. I so appreciate the time Nan took to walk step-by-step process as it has enabled me to download the classes.

I appreciate the comments by other members of their concerns about downloading from an unknown software company. However after some due diligence I found them to be one of the most top rated companies. My go to CNET for all things electronic also said it was a great company.

I decided that losing the classes via a company who is going away. Their vague promises of "We're working on it." vs. assurance that I have the classes now in my computer, thumb drives for the lap top next to my sewing machine and a dedicated back-up hard drive for all my quilting video's including YouTube videos was/is my decision to use their software.

Again, thanks Nan!

Last edited by onaemtnest; 06-05-2020 at 11:36 AM.
Old 06-10-2020, 10:36 AM

It’s taken me 11 days to download 121 classes & associated materials and an additional 100.00 in order to save said classes because of the immense amount of space needed. I purchased a terabyte of storage space from Amazon to back up the classes, in addition to a 2 terabyte external hard drive to store them on once the backup is done, this will also store all my patterns etc. I found Amazon had the best price for storage space, it’s a slow process for the backup and we are on day 2, I hope it’s done soon!

I see no updates yet as to how they plan to handle their closing, it would be wonderful if the original owners of Craftsy would bring back the old platform, which I adored! I highly recommend those that have several classes and wish to keep them, to begin the process of downloading them, and to not wait to see if they will be doing anything for their customers. However, Murphy’s law dictates that now that I have done all this, it will all be for naught as Murphy dictates that they will announce they have a buyer and things will continue as before 🤪.

I still have the old Craftsy App for my IPad and iPhone, I really hope that they will continue to support the app, as it’s how I view my classes. Either way, I’m really sad to see this platform go, as someone who’s not a fan of in person classes, this was a perfect way for me to learn new skills and techniques.
Old 06-10-2020, 12:41 PM

Unfortunately I have a Mac and haven't been able o download my classes. If I wanted to put Windows on my Mac I could do it, but that's not something I'm keen to do. Bummer. I loved Craftsy, and learned a lot from the classes I purchased when they first started up.

Rob
Old 06-10-2020, 01:22 PM

Can you use the trial version of the Internet Download Manager or do you need to purchase the full IDM to download the classes?