Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Memory quilt pattern? >

Memory quilt pattern?

Memory quilt pattern?

Old 06-14-2020, 05:49 AM

Default Memory quilt pattern?

https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/90423905004722386/

This link will (hopefully) take you to a lovely blue and white memory quilt with pictures. I would like to find the pattern - if anyone knows where I can find it, that would be wonderful. The Pintrest link takes you to a story on how to print on fabric, which is not what I would like to know.

I am going to help a family make a memory quilt to memorialize a young man who died suddenly leaving his parents in deep grief, but also leaving a young son behind. It is for him that we/I will be making this, He has chosen this design (or something similar).

Any help appreciated,
Thanks!
Old 06-14-2020, 06:07 AM

I have made memory quilts. I call them photo quilts. The link only takes me to the Pinterest site for memory quilts. Don't see a blue/white one. here's mine. Photo Quilt created with Spoonflower
Old 06-14-2020, 08:03 AM

The link took me to a quilt that I would call black and cream, not blue and white.
Old 06-14-2020, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
The link took me to a quilt that I would call black and cream, not blue and white.
Isn't that strange? I used my embedded link to see what came up and it takes me directly to the quilt that I was talking about....
I guess I will have to try and draft it myself, as I can't put a picture up here, only a link.... thanks for trying!
Old 06-15-2020, 05:34 AM

Here's a link to the maker's blog. It shows the entire quilt that, I think, is black and white.
http://cindys-hsh.blogspot.com/2009/...ary-quilt.html
Hope this helps.
Old 06-15-2020, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltBaer View Post
Here's a link to the maker's blog. It shows the entire quilt that, I think, is black and white.
http://cindys-hsh.blogspot.com/2009/...ary-quilt.html
Hope this helps.
Gemrm is this the quilt you're talking about?
Old 06-15-2020, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
Gemrm is this the quilt you're talking about?
Yes, it is the quilt. And I did see what the link takes you to - while it shows multiple blocks, there is nothing I can see (unless I'm missing it) that shows sizes, etc to allow one to utilize the same pattern. I am not looking for free (but that would be nice). I am willing to pay for a pattern, I've just not been able to find it anywhere....
Old 06-16-2020, 09:42 AM

Could you contact the maker through her blog? I don't see any contact area but maybe you could post a comment under the Anniversary Quilt & she would respond & answer you back. Maybe she has the pattern for sale or even better...maybe she would give it to you for free. It's a beautiful quilt & worth the try to contact her. It appears as though 2011 was her last blog post. Give it a try!