Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Will your guild be meeting this fall? >

Will your guild be meeting this fall?

Will your guild be meeting this fall?

Old 07-10-2020, 04:03 PM
Power Poster

I don’t belong to a guild but know that around here some are meeting and some are not - I have friends who belong to guilds. The library where some of us have a once a month group hasn’t opened back up to allow us to meet. I’m not sure when I will go back because most of the women In the group don’t take this seriously and don’t wear masks or limit contact. Cases around here are skyrocketing mostly because of early reopening and almost no restrictions. One quilt shop near me is business as usual. No masks and come one come all. Another one is limited to curbside pickup only. It’s interesting how the perspective is so different so close by.
Old 07-11-2020, 01:45 AM

Our guild met in June for the first time since February. Our meeting space is in a church. We moved from a smaller room to the church gym where we spread out the tables and chairs to social distance. Some members wore masks. It was wonderful to meet in person. I think about half the members attended. Some members chose not to attend because they were in the high risk group.

April and May were the 2 meetings using an online platform Go to meeting. Our virtual meetings had poor attendance. Too many members were not tech savvy enough to navigate the logistics of using a camera and microphone. The second meeting the President tried to join the meeting but kept getting kicked out by her computer. We ended the meeting early.
Old 07-11-2020, 07:27 AM
Power Poster

. I wear a mask and will probably die of Lysol poisoning before this is all over but I'm not staying a hermit either.
Old 07-11-2020, 01:55 PM

My guild has met informally outside for the last three months. Lots of show and tell and socializing. We meet in a church and are not allowed inside yet - the group is too big.

My sit and sew group meets in a library, and we are not allowed to meet yet either. After briefly reopening, the library has shut down again. Cases continue to grow. ICU's are stretched.
Old 07-11-2020, 04:00 PM

Our last meeting was very early March and we've done Zoom meetings since--our President has done a great job with that and we get about 1/3 of the members join the Zoom and then since she videos it, other go to it later when they have more time. Interestingly, a couple of our members that have not been able to attend either our morning meeting or evening meeting due to work (nurses) are joining us on Zoom! So that is a nice benefit and one reason that I really think in the future our guild will continue to video the meetings and post on our private FB page. We did meet at a local park for a bring your lawn chair and sack dinner and stay distant meeting--we had again about 1/3 of normal attendance, but another dozen on Zoom. I am presenter for the Oct. meeting and have said that if we are back to our meeting space (which means only about about 20 of the normal 60 in the morning meeting would be able to attend due to restricts) I will only come in when they let me know that ready for program, wear a mask and then leave immediately afterward--or we can just video it. we meet in a very old community center and air quality is not the best even when we are not in a pandemic!