Virtual Grandchild

Old 07-28-2020, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Adorable dresses made by both of you Rose and Sewbizgirl. Those babies are going to be the best dressed babies in their town. So nicely made.
Thanks, Jordan! Sewing these little things has been great fun and cheaper than therapy, as they say. My niece is expecting a daughter in October, so I can just keep on sewing baby things to my heart's content. I have started a quilt for her and may make a tiny newborn size dress like the one with the embroidered skirt, but with long sleeves for winter.
Old 07-28-2020, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingshorttimer View Post
so sorry You can't love on that baby in-person! We finally got to see our 3 g-boys over the 4th--it had been 3.5 months and felt like 3.5 years. my middle one, starting 1st grade in a couple of weeks, wants me to make him a "leaf" jacket--we discussed that real leaves would dry out and crumble--so he agreed that leaf fabric would be ok (of course his brother one year younger wants one too) but I'm having no luck finding a jacket (he did specify a zipper instead of buttons although I figure I could alter that). Has anyone ever bought a pattern from McCall's Simplicity, etc on-line?
It seems that grandson has a very creative mind. I remember making little zippered jackets for my kids many years ago, but no longer have the pattern. I have not bought directly from the online pattern sites. I'm sure they'd be a reliable source, but I don't know how fast they would be sending them. If you have Joann's near you, they may be doing curbside pickup, and other stores may also be an option for that. I have been been very happy with online purchases from Etsy, where a lot of sellers offer instantly downloadable patterns that you then print for yourself from pdf's. It takes some doing, and some are better than others, but overall, I have had good experiences. You just have to understand your printer settings and get familiar with layers in Acrobat, which is very nifty for the patterns that use that. It lets you print only the size you need. Many of the patterns have multiple sizes, which is great if you're going to make them for both boys. Hope you find what you're looking for.

Last edited by Rose_P; 07-28-2020 at 06:20 PM.