Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone have this machine? >

Anyone have this machine?

Anyone have this machine?

Old 09-28-2020, 09:48 AM

Default Anyone have this machine?

I am looking for a sewing/quilting and Embroidery Machine that won't break the bank and has a large hoop. Just wondering if anyone can give me any feed back on it. Does it have a 1/4 in foot and is the needle adjustable. Also very important...will it become obsolete if the operating system it is run on or works with is updated and an update isn't provided for the machine. I refer to the Singer Futura that I had which now makes a nice door stop. They only provided I believe one upgrade from windows XP to Windows 7. Maybe 2 upgrades...it's been a while.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
https://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/b79.php
Old 09-28-2020, 01:25 PM

I know nothing about this machine but one thing I did notice was that it has a downloadable manual. I'm thinking you probably don't get a hard copy of the manual with the machine & would highly recommend you downloading & printing off the manual in case your computer ever crashes & you can't retrieve it again. I know, I know the manual is 167 pages but better safe than sorry.
Old 09-28-2020, 01:41 PM

You will want to confirm the max embroidery size. According to the brochure, the max embroidery size is 10 x 6. Many designs come in a square format size of 6x6, 7x7, etc.

Hoop size is not the same as the embroidery field. Make sure it will embroider the design size you want to work with.

https://swpea.me/2020/06/13/hoop-siz...itching-field/

Old 09-29-2020, 03:50 AM

It does have some nice size hoops but I agree with Rhonda K, 10x6 embroidery area is not real common, It would be good for wording or you could reboot the fabric several times for a border. I would download the manual and read about the machine and it's capabilities before purchasing it. The manual should answer your questions, if not call them. Every machine I've ever purchased did come with a manual, as well as an online downloadable one. I like that because if you loose the manual you can get it online.
Old 09-30-2020, 06:42 AM

I have Brother ULT 2001, 2002, 2003, and Babylock Ellageo 2001... They all have largest hoop size 10x6 (that is design size..the hoops are actually listed 10.25 X 6.25). I have done emb'd quilt borders , some quilting, and have not yet needed a design larger. The only hoop I desire is a 6x6, and because my machines are older, there is not one to fit.
Old 09-30-2020, 07:20 AM

I have had Singer Futura's for 30 years..my first was the CE100...it is still going strong. I handed it down to my daughter. It is absolutely possible to use the old machines, all you have to do is use a computer with the old operating system..any computer tech repair place can easily install Vista or windows 7 on a new computer for very little money.It is not a bad idea to have a computer dedicated to your machine and not online..you put your designs on a thumb drive from your internet connected computer and transfer to your dedicated computer.
As for manuals on line..I have gotten a hard copy with every machine I've ever bought...right up to the machines I have now, which are the SEQS 6000. I think having the manuals on line is a courtesy for prospective buyers to be able to see the machine??
The needle is adjustable and it did come with a 1/4" foot, as well as many others.
I like the ease of use of the software for enlarging/decreasing as well as importing fonts and combining 2 or more designs..it also has a feature that lets you quadruple the size of the hoop for huge designs, you divide the design in 4 parts and line up the points, then stitch one quadrant, rehoop, line up your points, continue, etc..the largest designs I've done have been the center for a tablecloth that is about 30" x30"..it is called "multi hoop" on the quintet and seqs600.
I know everyone is loyal to their own brands, but for me, you can't beat the combo of features, price, and ease of use.
Old 09-30-2020, 09:55 AM

Won’t break the bank and have a large hoop may not be mutually exclusive.

What is the budget?
Old 09-30-2020, 12:12 PM

I am not familiar with this machine but have done business with this company and they have good customer service. Double check on the max embroidery design for your machine. The specs. were not real clear on that point. Best of luck buying your new machine.
Old 10-01-2020, 01:20 PM

This looks like a nice sewing/embroidery setup to me. Looks like it has most modern features, including a very pretty screen and a 9inch harp. I just read a little more about it on Bernette.com. Lots of info there, including videos. It does say motifs up to a bit over 10 x 6 (260 x 160mm). Also, if you get an inexpensive, basic software that has free updates, like Embrilliance for example, I don't see why you could not embroider on this SM for its lifetime even when Windows changes again (and again). But really only you can say which machine will please you.
Old 10-02-2020, 02:27 AM

As per the reviews and specifications of this machine. it has dual needle option with adjustable options. It comes with a software, however not sure about timely updates.