Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
For those with several (many?) sewing machines - >

For those with several (many?) sewing machines -

For those with several (many?) sewing machines -

Old 10-11-2020, 08:39 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by donna13350 View Post
That is a hard question! I think that I would keep one of my hand cranks just so I could sew even if the power went out. Wouldn't be able to see, but I could sew!!!
Power was out for two weeks due to an ice storm. I was home all day alone and about stir crazy. I glued an empty spool of thread on the turn wheel of a small brother I took to classes and it worked great as a crank one. I pieced all day until sundown.
Old 10-11-2020, 08:41 AM
Power Poster

I guess my vintage Singer. I know it can be fixed much easier then my fancy machines.
Old 10-11-2020, 01:14 PM

I would keep my Pfaff ICON for sure. I have a Pfaff 7550 and a serger too. Then I have a treadle machine that has been handed down several generations and it's my turn to have it. And there is the long arm.....That is a tough question to answer.
Old 10-11-2020, 03:42 PM

My Bernina 704, a FW and my black 301 long bed would be going. I can always buy new clothes and other stuff. And I have a large SUV.
Old 10-11-2020, 05:31 PM

don't think I can make a choice. I have narrowed down my machine "herd" some over the last couple of years--now I have the LA, the Consew upholstery (would part with it probably), my Elna Quilt Pro Queen (which is going back for repair this week--top thread gets hung up), my Brother Simplicity (my travel machine), my original Deluxe mechanical (won't give that up) and my Singer treadle. All have a purpose!
Old 10-12-2020, 03:52 AM

I could get another Pfaff Ambition and green Singer 185K3
My Grandma’s treadle would have to go but it will eventually anyway.
I am storing a Singer Spartan that belongs to our daughter so she’s going to make that decision !

My pick to keep is my Aunt’s FW (celery green with original sales receipt)
Old 10-12-2020, 05:14 AM

Interesting...recently, my DD was doing a house flip and was told by the current owner she could take whatever she wanted. The late, previous owner was a sewer and owned several machines and because I've sewn since I was 12, DD thought I might know something about them. Even though she told me I could keep them, the plan was for me to test them out and then sell them on Ebay because she could use the cash...among them were 2 sergers (which I have never used before) and were a bit intimidating, but after doing some internet research, I discovered they were fun to use! I would have kept one if I hadn't promised to sell them. Then there was the Bernina 1008. I'd been sewing on a very nice Husqvarna for 20 years and I loved all the bells and whistles she had, but I hated the fact that if I sped up the stitches got smaller, so the first time I fired up that Bernina, the angels sang! I could go as fast as I wanted and the stitches stayed exactly where I set them! The Bernina is a basic mechanical machine with no computerized built-in fancy stitches but I love it! Kept it, sold my Husqvarna and gave DD the money.
Old 10-12-2020, 07:50 AM
Power Poster

That's a really hard one, like which one of your kids would you sacrifice?

I have to say my Bernina but also my FW. So I would need to keep two.
Old 10-12-2020, 10:20 AM
Power Poster

I could get another Pfaff Ambition and green Singer 185K3

I bought the beautiful green Singer 185 thinking it would be a great travel machine. LOL It's heavier then my full size Bernina. It's a great little machine and I like it better then my FW but too heavy to tote around.
Old 10-12-2020, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
I would keep all of them. Unless someone was meaner and tougher than I am.
. Lol!! I'm right there with you! I LOVE my sewing machines and all the stuff that goes with! It would be a very sad world for me to not have my toys!!
​​​​​​