Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Is the Sew Ezi Sewing Table really worth $249? >

Is the Sew Ezi Sewing Table really worth $249?

Is the Sew Ezi Sewing Table really worth $249?

Old 06-29-2013, 06:33 AM

Thanks for posting the question - and thanks, everyone, for all the replies. I love this site! Anything I'm wondering about, quilting-wise, I can find the answer here. I'm thinking about the Sew-Ezi table. My husband said he thinks he can make me one, and he is very handy. All the talk about the shakiness has me a little concerned, but I'll tell him to keep that in mind when he's planning his masterpiece. I like giving him projects! Keeps him out of trouble. LOL
Old 11-11-2020, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by winia View Post
I have a similar table. I don't know if it's a sew ezi. I love it. However, I did not pay $249 for it. I paid $119.

how did you only pay $119.00? They are $249.00 for a Sew E Z table
Old 11-11-2020, 09:01 AM
Power Poster

I have found two (at different times) at the second hand store. Neither cost over ten dollars. They are handy.
Old 11-11-2020, 04:15 PM

I bought the Sew-Ezi for my Husqvarna Viking Designer Diamond machine. Love the table because it is sturdy, moveable and a delight to sew on. Table in September 2012 cost $249 and it is money well spent.
Old 11-12-2020, 05:51 AM
Power Poster

I paid around 150 for mine several years ago.
Old 11-12-2020, 06:41 AM

I bought a Sew-EZ table a few years ago and LOVE it!! It was nice to get a plexiglass piece to fit my Janome. I would not do without it again.
Old 11-12-2020, 06:54 AM

I bought my Sew-Ez table when I first started quilting because I could only sew when hubby was away & because I had no space to set up and leave it set up. It’s a great table, it served its purpose and I had no regrets!
Old 11-13-2020, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingdoe View Post
Bell-Boo--What is the SewEzi table made of? Is it plastic or wood?
I have a SewEzi table that I bought during the pandemic. One aspect of its design that I really like is that it is completely coated with some type of smooth plastic material. It feels like it is lacquered, and this coating completely covers the substrate (which I believe is some kind of engineered wood) on the top, bottom and sides. Compared to the Arrow tables, which are have a particleboard top with a Formica-like work surface and a vinyl/plastic band finishing the edges but leaving the bottom unlaminated, I think that the SewEzi would do better in a very humid, salt water environment. Plus, the SewEzi coating feels like it has just the right amount of grip and slip to make sewing on it more efficient.
In my opinion, the SewEzi is a very good value for the money. I questioned it, too, when considering my purchase. But once a I got it home, I did not regret it at all. It is a much better than average table. And I have sewn on one of the Lifetime tables, too. If you want a non-wobbly, non-vibrating sewing tablets, the SewEzi wins hands down. On the Lifetime, if I really sewed at a clip, it often felt like the whole thing was getting ready to liftoff for an outer space voyage. The Lifetimes are great tables and mine served me well, but it is not a vibration-free experience.
Old 11-14-2020, 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by SewEnchanted View Post
I have a SewEzi table that I bought during the pandemic. One aspect of its design that I really like is that it is completely coated with some type of smooth plastic material. It feels like it is lacquered, and this coating completely covers the substrate (which I believe is some kind of engineered wood) on the top, bottom and sides. Compared to the Arrow tables, which are have a particleboard top with a Formica-like work surface and a vinyl/plastic band finishing the edges but leaving the bottom unlaminated, I think that the SewEzi would do better in a very humid, salt water environment. Plus, the SewEzi coating feels like it has just the right amount of grip and slip to make sewing on it more efficient.
In my opinion, the SewEzi is a very good value for the money. I questioned it, too, when considering my purchase. But once a I got it home, I did not regret it at all. It is a much better than average table. And I have sewn on one of the Lifetime tables, too. If you want a non-wobbly, non-vibrating sewing tablets, the SewEzi wins hands down. On the Lifetime, if I really sewed at a clip, it often felt like the whole thing was getting ready to liftoff for an outer space voyage. The Lifetimes are great tables and mine served me well, but it is not a vibration-free experience.

thank you the great comparison! I have a 48” length Lifetime table now. I love it! My embroidery machine does not shake. It is height adjustable. I don’t sew at the highest speed so no issues with the vibrations. I covered it making it an ironing surface too. Love how reasonably lightweight It is. I am considering the Sew E Z but I don’t want to Pay $249 for it. I seriously doubt my machine dealer would negotiate on the price. Oh heck, I still might pull the trigger on Sew E z. Thank you!!
Old 11-14-2020, 08:33 AM
Power Poster

Sandygirl, I made a mistake. What I bought is not what you're talking about. Sorry!!