Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New Machine!! >

New Machine!!

New Machine!!

Old 11-16-2020, 08:14 AM

Congratulations on your new machine. May you enjoy many happy hours of perfect stitches!

We should not be frustrated with our machines.
Old 11-16-2020, 08:54 AM

I looked up the details on your machine, and it looks very nice! Did you get the TruStitch option on your machine? And if you did, do you like it?

A good and honest repair person is worth so much! I'm glad you found one who would tell you the honest truth about what you really need.
Old 11-16-2020, 09:39 AM
Power Poster

A good and honest repair person is worth so much!

Yes they are! So is a dealer you can trust. It seems sewing machine dealers are getting the reputation of old time car salesmen. The best dealer I have ever known never steered anyone to the higher price machines, always what you needed for what you did and never put down anyone that brought in a Walmart machine to see what was wrong with it. She treated the owner like it was the top of the line purchase. She retired quiet wealthy from her shop and it sold in record time because of the profits. The new owners went bankrupt in three years. Sad.
Old 11-16-2020, 11:34 AM

Wow, congratulations! I have to admit I’ve never heard of killing a machine. That’s terrible that you had to put up with all of that.
Old 11-16-2020, 01:32 PM
Power Poster

I took a machine quilting class with a well known machine quilting teacher. She said the worse thing you could do with a high end machine was use the stipple stitch to machine quilt a quilt. It will kill a new machine in no time. She said that stitch should never have been on a sewing machine. Just FYI from a class.
Old 11-17-2020, 05:44 AM

Wow, I'm with Doggramma, I have never heard of killing a machine either. Did he say how long you were meant to sew on it before it croaked? A good repairman is so vital. I'm sure you will love your new machine. I love Juki but hate the local shop. So no more Juki's in my future. What's strange to me is there is no place to send a machine other than the local dealers. Sounds like Brother is the same. Enjoy your new set up.
Old 11-17-2020, 06:06 AM

I know with many machines especially the more expensive ones, they will have a stitch counter in them. If you look closely at the warranty, it will state something like " for home use only" As industrial machines meant for business, usually are built out of more long lasting metal parts, I have worn out one of the plastic parts on my viking D1, that I was replaced but not covered under the warranty because I just stitched it right down. My repair man told me that if the stitch count is really high, he will question the owner if they had been using the machine in a business.....A lot of the cheaper machines, are just meant to be replaced when they go down it seems.
Old 11-17-2020, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I took a machine quilting class with a well known machine quilting teacher. She said the worse thing you could do with a high end machine was use the stipple stitch to machine quilt a quilt. It will kill a new machine in no time. She said that stitch should never have been on a sewing machine. Just FYI from a class.
Pretty sure I did about 10 large quilts with the stipple stitch LOL ...
Old 11-17-2020, 05:33 PM

Good for you. Looks like a real beauty!
Old 11-18-2020, 03:57 AM

Happy to hear you got it resolved...and look, a new addition to your sewing room. Congratulations, new machines are so much fun to discover. Enjoy.