2020 Fabric Moratorium

Old 12-03-2020, 04:59 AM

Rff1010, no exemption needed now that we're finally in December! Officially our moratorium is from Jan 1 to Black Friday, so you're good. In these Covid times, local economies need cash influx. Good for you & the store!
as for a 2021 Moratorium, I plan to start a new one near New Year's Eve. Having a fabric moratorium on the board seems to be a tradition. Plus I've seen new people join, so I think it's a good idea to continue.
Old 12-03-2020, 06:51 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for hosting Conchalea. I will be following again in January! I enjoy seeing what is all done with our past purchases.
Old 12-03-2020, 07:40 AM

I agree, OK! All the creative uses of stash is inspiring.
Old 12-03-2020, 07:47 AM

Even tho I seldom comment and never send pics I read everyone of these. I have ben using my stash for about 4 years now and buy only occasionally so I love this. Thanks for doing it. Will be watching.
Old 12-03-2020, 01:37 PM

I am not buying from Black Friday to January 1, either. I simply have too much fabric and that stuff is heavy. I see my house sinking into oblivion under the weight of fabric and books. That keeps me from purchasing anything I won't use immediately. I did buy a 1/4 yard this week, but it will be used as soon as it's washed.
Old 12-03-2020, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Irishrose2 View Post
I am not buying from Black Friday to January 1, either. I simply have too much fabric and that stuff is heavy. I see my house sinking into oblivion under the weight of fabric and books. That keeps me from purchasing anything I won't use immediately. I did buy a 1/4 yard this week, but it will be used as soon as it's washed.
Ditto, Irish! Not buying anything. I was able to clear out one whole shelf of precuts this year so that makes me very pleased....plus used orphan blocks and used 2 bolts for backing....plus a myriad of other projects I used FQ leftovers. I have a stack of beautiful fabric I have no immediate plans for so I am wrapping these up for Christmas present for SIL. She’ll be over the moon...that’s about 10 yards and will keep her from having to shop for a couple of months with a fresh infusion of new stuff..

Thank you, Conchalea, for hosting this year and volunteering for next year! You are a jewel!
Old 12-03-2020, 04:12 PM

I won't promise to not by anything, but I will promise to buy only what is needed for a specific project. I am sure I can refrain for three and a half more weeks.

See every one and many, many more in January!
Old 12-03-2020, 07:02 PM

I thought I would buy at least something for backgrounds with the end of year sales going on, but really I just have no enthusiasm for buying fabric at the moment. That's a good thing, right? I have enough stash and enough variety that I really need nothing. And then today a friend gifted our charity quilting group with two and a half large totes loaded with fabric! I pulled a muscle in my back carrying it into the house. The ladies are going to be delighted with the haul when we meet again.
Old 12-03-2020, 09:00 PM

Synnove, sorry to hear about your back. It does reinforce what I said about fabric being heavy.
Old 12-04-2020, 05:53 AM

Ouch, Synnove! Have fun going through the tubs with the ladies.

As I was out of blue, brown, and green blenders, I used my 40% off a day of fabric shopping at my LQS. I also used the $5 a yard coupon on a clearance piece. My total purchase was almost 29 yards. I like my fabric cut into 1.5 yard lengths so I cut them, serged the ends, washed, and dried all of the fabric. Now I need to wait for my JoAnn’s fabric order to be ready for pick up as I needed some solid fabrics (not grunge, tone-on-tone, etc) that my small LQS didn’t have in stock. I haven’t bought any fabric since early March and those were also blenders. I’m still way ahead in the use vs bought category.