Birthday Swap 2020/2021

Old 12-13-2020, 08:28 PM

great quilts! I love how a bunch of non-matching squares can combine into something pleasing. the single color orange is very nice!
Old 12-15-2020, 09:05 AM

Good afternoon. Just a quick check in to say I'm alive and well. I'm almost fully recovered from my shoulder surgery which is happy news. Soon I hope to start piecing and quilting in earnest. Hope everyone who celebrates the holidays is ready. I failed to mail out some holiday packages early now I wonder if they will arrive in time. Oh, well. Small problem in the vast scheme of this year. Hope everyone has a lovely day today.
Old 12-15-2020, 12:48 PM

Hi everyone! I'm nearly ready for Christmas; just waiting on a couple more Amazon packages to arrive and then start the wrapping of gifts. I love this time of year, and I'm not letting any covid news or rotten 2020 take it away! I'm hosting Christmas day for the family this year, but I'm keeping it very simple.

I'm currently 31 weeks pregnant, so in the home stretch. I could be holding my Baby in 7-9 weeks!!!

My sewing has gone down to a snail's pace. I'm still trying to homeschool my 4yr old most mornings. And then I just sit on the sofa, like a bump on a log, and watch Netflix and knit most afternoons. I barely ever have time to watch tv shows, but every pregnancy in the last few weeks I always binge watch!
Old 12-15-2020, 06:25 PM

Yes, Yes, please pause for a moment and let us know what is on your holiday to do list and what has been accomplished!.

I have made a concerted effort to get all my sewing done before the December 24. Tee-Hee. I am off the hook for one sewing project because my family will be away with my ex for Christmas thus giving me a bit of extra time. This week I have been finishing projects: Bob Ross pillow cases, 5 sets of potholders, PJ bottoms, and getting ready to finish a UFO after all the gifts are finished. My son and his wife will be with me Christmas Eve. My brother and his wife Christmas Day. Cooking some food for each mini gathering but not much for such small groups. All I need is for the last of my online orders to arrive, wrap and sit back to enjoy a drive to see the holiday lights and watch Christmas movies. Will miss church services by candle light but it is only for one Christmas season. I can attend online and that will have to do.

Old 12-17-2020, 10:14 AM

Hello everyone.
DJ. Happy to see all your packages rolling in!

Pinkflowers your quilt is beautiful! I still have not finished mine. I made mine with browns and beiges (because I had a lot of those colors) and it just looks so dull. Hard to get excited about it.
when it is finished I will probably make it a donation quilt. Hopefully someone will love it I like to work with brights best!

WMUT. I did have permission for that quilt when I posted it before. So I think it could be posted again. Not sure if there would be a problem with the mediators here.

NZquilter. I’m very excited about your baby, this will be the first baby born in our quilt group ever! Do you know if you are having a boy or a girl ?

sorry I don’t get online often. This is my lunch time at work. I have been working everyday and when I get home my dogs are not happy if I go on the computer.
talk to you all soon.
Barb
Old 12-18-2020, 04:38 PM

Hi all! Sweet aborning, Thank You!
11/27

IrishMom
LAF2019
LUM
Patrick'sMom
11/28

MaryGPearce
12/1
BarbKibler
WendyMcD
12/3
Janice McC
12/4
NZquilter
Gaijin
tina53
Lottie,Ypsilanti, MI
12/8
KMcCloud
macybaby
12/10
nurseluanne
QuiltingLawyer
Wesing
12/12
TravelingGramma
Connie K
12/16
aborning

Been hopping around here...finished upstairs bathroom with new throne (lol), shower head & placement, door, & flooring, whew, wrapped most of the Christmas presents, finished a pillow for a sick friend, put together two Christmas dinner packs for locals, made chicken noodle soup for a sick friend, sent out Christmas cards last week, and prepped for homecoming of hubby for 2 weeks, yippee!
Will post the birthday goodies you sent on birthday night 'cause I'll be jammed cooking Christmas ham next day - Christmas Eve. Will do televised midnight mass from Rome (around noon US central time or may wait for local midnight, we'll see).
Hope everyone is safe, happy, warm, and feels loved.
hugs,
dj
Old 12-20-2020, 10:00 PM

I put DJ's card in the mail a week ago. I hope she gets it on time! Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to everyone! ♡♡♡
Old 12-21-2020, 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by Crispy_Frog View Post
I put DJ's card in the mail a week ago. I hope she gets it on time! Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to everyone! ♡♡♡
Mine went into the mail 10 days ago. Have my fingers crossed that the envelope will arrive on time. Yeah, I know, the mail service is overwhelmed this year. I am just being a little impatient on behalf of DJ.
Old 12-21-2020, 05:09 PM

Missing 4 or 3 if one of the signups cancelled but it's been a year & I cannot remember who that was listed on the sheet.
Meant to report KMcCloud as hav4boys (please forgive me), 2 more days to go, we'll see how well USPS is running.

Been toting the box of goodies all over the place here and getting might excited, hearing shouts & pleas to open, open, open from each one in the box!

hugs,
dj

Old 12-21-2020, 06:51 PM

Just to let you know that you should have a message in your in box with 1 address for January.

We have 1 birthday this week...DJmat on the 23rd.
Then Christmas two days later.

Then 6 days left of 2020!!!! 2021 can't get here soon enough!

Barb