Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today 2021 >

What are we organizing today 2021

What are we organizing today 2021

Old 02-11-2021, 02:11 AM

I broke my cardinal rule last night and did NOT tidy up before going to bed. So thlis morning have to do that before starting to sew. Maybe I'll find that illusive roll of painter's tape.
Old 02-11-2021, 02:57 AM

Thank you for starting this post. I am the unorganized perfectionist. I have good intentions to be organized. I start with opening a fabric tote and end of daydreaming about how I acquired the fabric and if it was being saved for a project or I just bought it and liked it for ...one day. I never use my time wisely...I pet the fabric and put it back.
Old 02-11-2021, 06:31 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by copycat View Post
Thank you for starting this post. I am the unorganized perfectionist. I have good intentions to be organized. I start with opening a fabric tote and end of daydreaming about how I acquired the fabric and if it was being saved for a project or I just bought it and liked it for ...one day. I never use my time wisely...I pet the fabric and put it back.
Are we twins?
Old 02-11-2021, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Teen View Post
Good luck, Dee. Downsizing is both a relief and disheartening...all those years of collecting craft supplies so you always have what you need. At least you are identifying what you will likely never use again. Cheering you on!
Thank-you for the cheers lol Right now I am giving away or trying to sell...I see the pile & think dollar signs that were spent.
Old 02-13-2021, 03:20 AM

Have a container in my sewing room that was used as a platform to support stuff, lots of stuff. So dug it out last night and it's storing various color ways of brown, solids and prints. Some yardage. Some FQ. Some chunks. Most of it I look at it and think, "what was I thinking?" It's all been prewashed so today plan to sew most of it into backings. Maybe this will help to get some of my UFOs basted.
Old 02-14-2021, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by Julienm1 View Post
Ya know those scraps quilters manage to obtain? Well, it's true! They DO multiply when we aren't looking!
I'm running out of containers to store them!
I thought, and I KNOW someone told me, if you keep them in an airtight container, they would not increase. Well, that person lied! These little suckers are creating lots of extra pieces and I mean lots. I'm try to clean this place up so I can practice FM quilting so I can quilt a UFO this weekend.
Worst part? No special grape juice in the house.
Thanks for the rant.
They absolutely DO multiply. Thanks for the giggle. I get my special grape juice by mail order.
Old 02-14-2021, 07:21 AM

I think most of organize and REorganize on a regular basis, me included. We have completed this process on a regular basis, right? So should we start a secondary career as Professional Organizers? Just thinking....lol.
Old 02-14-2021, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Julienm1 View Post
I think most of organize and REorganize on a regular basis, me included. We have completed this process on a regular basis, right? So should we start a secondary career as Professional Organizers? Just thinking....lol.
Julie funny you should say that because after many years of friends telling me to put my OCD opps ( lol ) organizing skills to work & make a living at it. Well about 9 years ago I did, let me just tell you it was very interesting to work with all walks of people. There is a psychological side to helping others & I learned alot about people in general.

Last edited by craftiladi; 02-14-2021 at 09:18 AM. Reason: misspell
Old 02-19-2021, 12:23 PM

Cleaned off cutting table, moved fabric pieces back to storage, finished up one quilt. Now can start house warming quilt for dd and husband.
Old 02-20-2021, 08:28 PM

Organized a corner. bought a rubbermaid 3 drawer storage unit...3 days later I can't remember what I was going to do with it, lol