Power outages

Old 02-16-2021, 06:14 AM
Power Poster

Default Power outages

I hope our US members without power in this winter storm stay hunkered down and safe until the power is restored!
Old 02-16-2021, 06:23 AM

It is so-o-o cold in Texas. We aren't used to having snow and temperature below freezing. Several of our friends are without electricity, but we have been lucky so far. They shut down some of the wind turbines, wonder how we will have electricity once we go all wind and solar? Our houses aren't built for this kind of weather so the furnace runs all the time. Pray that is warms up real soon.
Old 02-16-2021, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by Sew Girl 2 View Post
... They shut down some of the wind turbines, wonder how we will have electricity once we go all wind and solar? ...
My thoughts, too. I heard that the wind turbines actually were frozen.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 02-16-2021, 09:34 AM
Power Poster

Very cold here--water lines ( not our pipes ) have been frozen for days. We do have electric though. Some areas are without either. Neighbors trying to help neighbors if we can. More icy conditions for next few days. Such horrible times.
Old 02-16-2021, 11:21 AM
Power Poster

We have never had these conditions in the 62 years I have lived in MO.

I hate the thought of alternate fuel for important things. The old way works the best. We still have power and I am thankful. I feel sorry for all the people going though this historical weather.
Old 02-16-2021, 01:01 PM

Our electricity has now been out for two days. It was minus 1 this morning, 40 degrees in the house......then yesterday we were informed that we now need to boil our water, since a water plant's electricity when off, now their equipment is frozen. Thank goodness we have gas a cooktop. My neighbors are all electric, so now they and their two small children will have to look for a hotel and drive on frozen roads...good luck with that . This is ridiculous. We live in Keller, TX, just northeast. Of downtown ft. Worth. The electric grid ERCOT are not doing rolling black outs as they have stated,, where the electric company turns the power off then, back on for a few hours the off again.. They have turned it off, PERIOD! they said today prepared for more days without power....in other words, get used to it. And NO ROLLING BLACK OUTS. we could deal with off and on electricity, now boil water......get out on icy roads to find water..... that is what we get with a governor wanting Green , wind turbine electricity......to the detriment of our citizens, BUT GOV. ABBOTT picked up the "GREEN ENEEGY AWARD last week! We learned yesterday on the news that Texas.govennor. ERCOT planned tn
that Texas Needed to be 25% windenergy ....how's that working for you? IT ISN'T! RENEWABLE, GREEN, ENEEGY IS DISGUSTINGLY UNRELIABLE. Ask. Any Texan.....they could not provide 100% electricity after one day of sub freezing weather. NO TO GREEN ENERGY.
Old 02-16-2021, 03:11 PM

All you folks in the Texas area really have my utmost sympathy. Believe me I can fully imagine
what you are going through and how miserable you feel. I grew up in central Wisconsin and am living in
in Illinois now and you should hear me complain about all of the snow and COLD weather. When I read
your problems I really feel foolish. Hang in there; we are wishing you warmer weather and soon!
Old 02-16-2021, 05:12 PM
Power Poster

We had a storm last night. I put my flashlights on my nightstand, just in case.
Old 02-16-2021, 07:05 PM

I am praying for all of you with this shocking weather, I am glad you all make quilts but you cannot stay under them for 24/7. don't need all of this with all the other stuff that is going on.
Old 02-16-2021, 07:44 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lady Diana View Post
Our electricity has now been out for two days. It was minus 1 this morning, 40 degrees in the house......then yesterday we were informed that we now need to boil our water, since a water plant's electricity when off, now their equipment is frozen. Thank goodness we have gas a cooktop. My neighbors are all electric, so now they and their two small children will have to look for a hotel and drive on frozen roads...good luck with that . This is ridiculous. We live in Keller, TX, just northeast. Of downtown ft. Worth. The electric grid ERCOT are not doing rolling black outs as they have stated,, where the electric company turns the power off then, back on for a few hours the off again.. They have turned it off, PERIOD! they said today prepared for more days without power....in other words, get used to it. And NO ROLLING BLACK OUTS. we could deal with off and on electricity, now boil water......get out on icy roads to find water..... that is what we get with a governor wanting Green , wind turbine electricity......to the detriment of our citizens, BUT GOV. ABBOTT picked up the "GREEN ENEEGY AWARD last week! We learned yesterday on the news that Texas.govennor. ERCOT planned tn
that Texas Needed to be 25% windenergy ....how's that working for you? IT ISN'T! RENEWABLE, GREEN, ENEEGY IS DISGUSTINGLY UNRELIABLE. Ask. Any Texan.....they could not provide 100% electricity after one day of sub freezing weather. NO TO GREEN ENERGY.
Your power grids aren’t regulated either are they? Maybe need to be on the national grid? The turbines were defrosted and last I heard they are operational.