Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
New ruler.  I want this! >

New ruler. I want this!

New ruler. I want this!

Old 03-06-2021, 06:13 PM

I,love rulers and I love Creative Grids whole bunch!!!! When I saw the note about thus size ruler I immediately went to the CG website and watched their video (they have great nice shirt videos for just about all,products). It has now been placed in my “want” I keep in my iPad and phone (list also includes The CG rulers I also have so I dint get duplicates - I made this list after I realized I already a few duplicates. The one thing I did note is that there are angle lines running in both directions to help with squaring up Leicestershire and blocks with angles. I’m going to call a quilt shop sort of close enough to me to see if they have thus ruler or will be getting it in. Thanks so much for the heads up!!!!!

Sandy in Mooresville, NC
Old 03-06-2021, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Snooze2978 View Post
I feel the 6 x 24 is large enough for me to handle. Having one twice as wide might make it difficult for me to manuveur around the fabric. Sounds like a nice size but just too big for me.
I replaced my old worn out 6 x 24 with an 8-1/2 x 24. Th extra width was a bit of an adjustment but I’m now finding it handy. Don’t know about a 12-1/2 one. Might be handy or might be cumbersome.
Old 03-07-2021, 04:25 AM

Looks like a handy size to have ... can’t wait to hear your review. I don’t think the price is all that bad but not sure how much I’d use it.
Old 03-07-2021, 04:51 AM

I really like my 8.5 x 24.5, it's my most used one. Don't know if going to 12.5 would be nicer or more of a pain. I also have a 20.5 x 20.5 that I use for squaring up. I use the 8.5 to ruler fold my yardage (perfect size for my shelves) and then I can fit the ruler in without having to unfold a lot for cutting WOF.

I cut across the bottom, and not up and down. Because of that, I'm often balancing part of the ruler off the table with the 8.5" one, so that problem would be even worse with a 12.5 one. Maybe I should try to teach myself how to cut the other way.

I'm a huge fan of CG rulers, and find them worth every penny I've paid. Though I've gotten many of them at a discount at quilt shows.
Old 03-11-2021, 07:03 PM
Power Poster

Local LQS has ordered a few and will hold one for me as soon as they are delivered. Should be early next week. I have a hefty gift certificate to the store so that worked out just right. I'm going to a retreat the last week in March and will be interesting to know the others quilters reactions and reviews of using it.