Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Grace Cutie Frame and Juki DX 1500 QVP >

Grace Cutie Frame and Juki DX 1500 QVP

Grace Cutie Frame and Juki DX 1500 QVP

Old 03-05-2021, 02:58 PM
mkc

Originally Posted by KurmanQuilter View Post
the Cutie is a table top hoop frame system for $800 .. a great deal lower than the others. Also having a table 4 ft x 3 ft is a necessity. ( and hard to find ) I found a craft table that fit the bill.
That's why I asked why the Cutie frame vs. the Q-zone hoop frame. FB Marketplace is loaded with listings for the latter, used, for about $500. A new Q-Zone hoop frame is usually around $989.

In OP's case, she clarified that she doesn't have floor place for a standing frame and already has a spare table set up for other things that she could use as the base for the Cutie, and break down the setup more easily.

-M
Old 03-05-2021, 06:05 PM

I ended up ordering just the frame for now. I am keeping an eye out for a used mid arm machine but may buy a new Juki TL2000qi. Thank you everyone for your thoughts!
Old 03-07-2021, 10:03 AM

I have a Grace Q-Zone frame and needed to buy a SureStitch stitch regulator for my new Juki sewing machine because the foot pedal cord wasn't long enough to allow me to move the machine on the frame. The foot controller has an electronic cord so couldn't be spliced to lengthen it, as I did with my vintage sewing machine. When I figured this out, I almost pulled the plug on buying the machine and frame, but I went ahead and they work great. (Another option was a simpler device that maintained a constant stitching speed).
Old 03-08-2021, 04:17 AM

I have a stitch regulator on my Janome 1600P and lately it's not all it's cracked up to be. Suddenly my stitches are tiny and then skipping stitches by more than an inch. The machine itself has been in the shop twice within the last four months, so it's not that. Right now I have to take a quilt off the frame and get the seam ripper out and remove all the quilting....I'm ready to give up and sell everything off.
Old 03-09-2021, 08:48 AM

I have a Juki 2010 and a very limited amount of space and I'm super intrigued by the Cutie frame! I'm thinking I'm going to wait a year and when all the bloggers have it and have posted reviews and videos...can't wait to hear what people think about it!
Old 03-09-2021, 12:37 PM
Power Poster

In theory, I could probably put a full size frame in the Kid Cave, but I would have a mutiny on my hands as that’s where the X Box, the big TV and the surround sound are. It’s also where the kids have sleepovers.

I remember when I wanted a big sewing room other then the tiny room I was using. DH had a big shop for himself. I took over the den, had a barn door put in to close it off. The kids were not happy I took over their space ? As I told them your home but my house and your permission is not needed. Watch tv in living room or or set up in dad's shop. LOL He of course put a squash on that idea.
Old 03-10-2021, 04:16 PM

Default You don’t need stitch regulator

Hi,

I ordered the cutie frame due to space restrictions too. I was eyeing the q zone for a while but didn’t have the dedicated space for it. I did order the stitch regulator to use with my Juki tl2010q... I really love this machine for piecing and quilting related projects but do have my old machine for buttonholes and other stitches. I just got it today so I need to build it still... but I can’t wait to test it out.

However, the stitch regulator is not required for the cutie. You can use it with your foot pedal but need to comfortable with free motion quilting to keep the stitches even. I hope this helps and good luck.
Old 03-12-2021, 10:47 AM

". I was thinking about the Grace Hoop Frame and getting rid of the spare bed but we have enough visitors where I really do need the bed."
May I suggest a Murphy bed. A few years back my mom had to move in with me. I have a small home and used the master bedroom as my sewing room and my bed in smaller bedroom. I did some research and bought a murphy bed. It wasn't that hard to put up, did most of it myself but did need a little help. I couldn't afford much, definitely not the ones that look like nice furniture or had desks and books shelves built in, the one I got was pretty basic. (Next bed, with coupon about $500 delivered) Such a wonder full invention. Mom has passed now and I moved back into the small room and don't have to keep my sewing room organized so I can pull down the bed every night. I kept the murphy bed for company but when company is not around, I can spread out. All my sewing furniture and storage are easily moved about to make room for the bed. Quilting and sewing come first, pretty furniture and organized rooms came after.
Old 03-12-2021, 11:28 AM

Default Good idea

Originally Posted by brendaj8689 View Post
". I was thinking about the Grace Hoop Frame and getting rid of the spare bed but we have enough visitors where I really do need the bed."
May I suggest a Murphy bed..
That actually is a really good idea
Old 03-14-2021, 10:37 AM

My Cutie frame arrived last week and I have it all out together. It fits beautifully on my table and neatly in my closet.

The drawback? The foot pedal isn’t long enough and the included extension is not compatible. So, I am still planning to purchase a new or used machine. I’m leaning towards the Juki TL 2000qi with a speed control but am on the prowl fir a suitable used machine. In any case, before I get to use it, I have four fleece pullovers and a fleece blanket to make. Those will all be done by the end of April.