Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help, my Janome Magnolia is sewing by itself. >

Help, my Janome Magnolia is sewing by itself.

Help, my Janome Magnolia is sewing by itself.

Old 03-19-2021, 06:35 AM

Does your Janome have a start/stop button; whereby, if you use that, you don't need the foot pedal.
Old 03-19-2021, 11:05 AM

There's no need to pay 75 to $175 to have a tech take your foot pedal apart. You can do that yourself . I hope this is the fix you need,
Old 03-19-2021, 12:26 PM

Default Janome now working on it's trial run

Hi everyone, sorry it took so long for me to get back to all who were kind enough to offer help and advice. You don't know how much I appreciated it. I had to wait for my hubby/other half) to get in gear. At his age of 88 I just have to wait until the spirit moves him anymore. I wanted to kick the spirit in the butt last night when he decided to spend six or seven hours watching TV but I remained silent. He wired our house (many years ago) so I figured he could still handle a foot pedal, and apparently he did. I looked inside it after he took it apart early this afternoon but couldn't see any dirt or dust? I watched him clean it with an artist's brush and an eraser for several minutes and put it back together. Then I sewed a couple of long seams and it didn't run away. Whoopie! I'll work on the potholders more this evening but for the rest of the day I'll be hobbling up and down the basement stairs doing the laundry.
I think I said I finished my quilt in my previous post. I misspoke, I only finished the top, no quilting. I hope I haven't started a new thread with this post. I clicked on the last post under reply and it wouldn't respond so I moved down to the lower box. I'll post a pic of my quilt top if I ever learn to do it, but am I ever glad none of you will ever see the back. Thank you ALL again.
Seneth,
Old 03-19-2021, 03:16 PM

I have had this happen. It is such a helpless feeling. Let me explain what is causing mine, if I can. Perhaps it will help. Somehow the foot pedal cord that goes up to my machine gets caught under the pedal when I am pushing my foot down. When I take my foot off, the cord is sort of stuck there and keeps running. If I reach down and pull the cord out of the foot pedal, it stops and is working fine again.

This always catches me surprise and it doesn't happen often. But maybe my experience will be something like what is happening to you.

Oops, I just saw your last post. You don't need my answer now..... but that is okay. I hope your machine keeps running.

Dina

Last edited by Dina; 03-19-2021 at 03:20 PM.