Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Wow - it worked great! >

Wow - it worked great!

Wow - it worked great!

Old 04-24-2021, 05:52 AM

Default Wow - it worked great!

I had posted once or twice about using fleece on the back of a T-shirt quilt I am making for Grandson's graduation. I am almost done with the project. I have to put the binding on today yet but that is a perfect job for a rainy, cloudy day in the front of the TV. Just wanted to share that using a no pile plush fleece backing turned out so good. I did wash the fleece first and it came out looking like it went into the washing machine - just like new. I pin basted and that went well, easier than when there are three layers to pin. I did read that " a quilt can only be called a quilt if it has three layers". I still call it a quilt as the pieces were pieced together and I FMQ. It all just really looks so good. I know I may be tooting my horn, but I worried a lot and did a lot of research before diving into this project. Like I have said in the past, I haven't been able to post pictures after the new format went into effect but will try again. I've followed the instructions but to no avail. I may try it on my phone but that is so small and harder for me to do.
Old 04-24-2021, 06:07 AM

Your grandson will love it. Nice to know that the fleece worked so well and no need for the three layers.
Old 04-24-2021, 06:45 AM

Glad this idea worked out for you. Your grandson will love the soft cuddly fleece.
Old 04-24-2021, 06:49 AM

Yes, it is still a quilt. I'm glad it turned out well for you and am sure he will love it!!!
and posting pics, don't forget to find the Upload button!!!
Old 04-24-2021, 07:23 AM

So glad it worked out for you! Your grandson will be one happy camper with this quilt. I am so glad for you.
Old 04-24-2021, 07:40 AM

Great Job!!!
Old 04-24-2021, 09:35 AM

Good job!
Regarding the posting of pictures, make sure your picture is smaller than 2 MB in size.
Old 04-24-2021, 10:55 AM

After you choose the picture you have to slide the box over to the right. to do this get the arrow on the right line and holding it move over and you will see upload. Good luck and I hope we can see the picture.
Old 04-24-2021, 11:03 AM

Great to hear! I was so pleased the first time I tried fleece with no batting at all. Personally, I think I do like to have that bit of flannel between the layers but it sure worked nicely.

For me the problem is the the size of my pictures is too large, I use an old school digital camera and it has updated but limited software. The file size shown seems to be the maximum of all attachments and too big for a single attachment. I connect my camera to my computer and drag the picture to this site:
https://www.reduceimages.com/
It is simple and easy to use. I use their defaults, and then I download the image. One drag and two clicks and I'm ready to post.

With my combination of browser and internet protection stuff, I've never been able to get the paper clip icon to work. I "Go Advanced" and then upload from my download directory (I know... but it makes sense!) I still miss enlarging the window to click the upload button about half the time. Most frequent reason for me to edit (other than not making sense).
Old 04-24-2021, 02:34 PM
Power Poster

Glad it worked out well for you! I can’t post pictures since the changes either.