Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today 2021 >

What are we organizing today 2021

What are we organizing today 2021

Old 06-03-2021, 04:45 PM

craftiladi: I’m sorry you had long lasting effects of Covid but very happy you are getting some interest and energy back.

juliasb: I’m glad you solved the problem of keeping your dies safely stored. They do take up space but I love having them.
Old 06-04-2021, 05:41 AM

Thank-you Connie. After many months of thinking I was never going to feel better, I wanna sing it from the rooftops how good I feel lol

Juliasb: I am still trying to figure out my accuquilt storage-what I have works for now but creative wheels are always turning. Glad you are happy with your end result.
Old 06-05-2021, 08:54 AM
Power Poster

I really should be either outdoors in the garden...too hot, but watered some plants earlier or working on #2 t shirt quilt. Have all the t shirts for it now and rest are about 2/3 sewn in rows. Just found out that #2 Gson is playing in HS regional golf tournament next week; I haven't started cutting his shirts yet, but have the layout planned. If he has new golf shirts I can easily substitute them. I like to think I saved the best for last...that's what I told him at his graduation last week. Other 2 quilts for for their family friends. Now off to fix some dinner; MrOK is out raking hay and will be hungry and thirsty when he comes in, even though his has water in the tractor to drink.
Old 06-27-2021, 04:33 AM

Last week I dreamed that I got invited to an outdoor picnic. When we got there everyone was given a large shipping crate full of stuff. Mine had a lute, toy piano and all kinds of other things that I don’t want and have no room for. Everyone else was in the same boat, but we couldn’t leave the party unless we took everything with us. The rest of the dream consisted of everyone trying to stuff it in our cars.

Last night I dreamed that I had to go to a meeting, but I stopped at home first to get some dinner. Every kitchen cabinet was packed so full of food that I couldn’t get anything out without stuff falling on my head. There were cakes and cookies and bags of dried fruit, but no matter how much I dug through the cabinets I couldn’t find anything to use for making a sandwich. I grabbed a couple cookies and went to find my keys. Took a trip through my studio looking for them, opened every drawer in my office, went through everything in my bedroom, still no keys. Every place I looked was like Fibber McGee’s closet, finally realized they’d been in my pocket all along. I felt like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz when Glenda told her she could have gone home at any time thanks to the ruby slippers and my house looked like the flying monkeys had been through it during a tornado…

Seems like my subconscious is trying to tell me something

Rob

Old 06-27-2021, 05:16 AM

Today, I'm emptying out out my big basket of scraps and throwing them away. I've had it sitting in the way for years now. I do use the scraps when I quilt, but I think I'd rather have a nice neat space where I can move around more. There will be plenty more scraps from where those came from. Time to move on.

It feels very scary, but freeing to me to do this. I'd better watch a couple of episodes of, "Hoarders," to get my courage up.
Old 06-27-2021, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by rryder View Post
Last week I dreamed that I got invited to an outdoor picnic. When we got there everyone was given a large shipping crate full of stuff. Mine had a lute, toy piano and all kinds of other things that I don’t want and have no room for. Everyone else was in the same boat, but we couldn’t leave the party unless we took everything with us. The rest of the dream consisted of everyone trying to stuff it in our cars.

Last night I dreamed that I had to go to a meeting, but I stopped at home first to get some dinner. Every kitchen cabinet was packed so full of food that I couldn’t get anything out without stuff falling on my head. There were cakes and cookies and bags of dried fruit, but no matter how much I dug through the cabinets I couldn’t find anything to use for making a sandwich. I grabbed a couple cookies and went to find my keys. Took a trip through my studio looking for them, opened every drawer in my office, went through everything in my bedroom, still no keys. Every place I looked was like Fibber McGee’s closet, finally realized they’d been in my pocket all along. I felt like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz when Glenda told her she could have gone home at any time thanks to the ruby slippers and my house looked like the flying monkeys had been through it during a tornado…

Rob
OMG, Rob! You need to stop eating those rich meals too close to bedtime. Ha ha!
Old 06-27-2021, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by craftiladi View Post
I see some great progress here. I have been MIA for at least a month. I have learned a couple of the long-lasting effects of having covid is fatigue, lack of appetite, desire, or motivation. Usually, I am an up early & get it done type of person, well I really thought that me was gone & it really started depressing me so I spoke with the doctor about it and he stop beating yourself up as you were very sick its going to take time. Happy to report I no longer think I should sell all my craft & sewing supplies..lol..seriously that's where my head was as I haven't step foot in my sewing room except to add to the piles for almost 3 months. So now that I actually feel the old me coming back I am currently working on the small piles & it feels GREAT to have that desire again. Man I don't wish that virus on anyone.
I'm so glad that you're feeling better. My husband had it and it was pretty rough.
Old 06-27-2021, 05:27 AM

Yesterday I decided to do a quick trash collection trip around my studio- it morphed into a trip around all the other rooms in my house and also the backyard. By the time I was done I had a trash bag full of stuff that was filling drawers, shelves, and the broken plastic flowerpot graveyard in my backyard. Sheesh! I ended up with a couple of empty drawers in my studio that I promptly refilled with things that I actually use, which cleared space on the floor.

tip of the day- instead of tackling a large decluttering job all at once, try rounding up the trash and removing it as a first step. Give yourself the option of expanding your idea of what is trash. for example, I am notorious for keeping broken things because I might be able to either fix them Or reuse some of the parts in an art project someday- well guess how long some of that stuff has hung around cluttering up my studio without being fixed or repurposed??????? Yesterday I realized a lot of it was trash. 🤔

Rob
That's so true. I do that too. Once I get the trash bags out, everything is fair game. It's getting started that's the hardest part. I also get an empty box out for the Goodwill out and another one for things that I can sell on Ebay. This kind of cleaning used to be so easy for me, but now it's somewhat emotional and physically tiring. Hence, I've been seriously procrastinating. Getting old sucks.
Old 06-27-2021, 02:36 PM

Rob
Hilarious!! I would call those nightmares…lol..
Old 06-27-2021, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by craftiladi View Post
I see some great progress here. I have been MIA for at least a month. I have learned a couple of the long-lasting effects of having covid is fatigue, lack of appetite, desire, or motivation. Usually, I am an up early & get it done type of person, well I really thought that me was gone & it really started depressing me so I spoke with the doctor about it and he stop beating yourself up as you were very sick its going to take time. Happy to report I no longer think I should sell all my craft & sewing supplies..lol..seriously that's where my head was as I haven't step foot in my sewing room except to add to the piles for almost 3 months. So now that I actually feel the old me coming back I am currently working on the small piles & it feels GREAT to have that desire again. Man I don't wish that virus on anyone.
I am so sorry you have been struggling these past months. I’ve had others share their same experience. You beat it!! And, now you are getting back to life as you love it. Really happy for you!