Pony Club Thread 3

Old 06-06-2021, 04:25 PM

So, the wedding is today? So nice to add to the family... my 8th grandchild is due in about 2 weeks. Time to finish the baby quilt! Top is done, just need to add a flannel back for a summer weight wrap.
Old 06-06-2021, 09:29 PM
Power Poster

Show us the quilt before you give it away, Giv!
Old 06-10-2021, 01:41 PM

My notifications stopped working again!

Bev, hoped you had a wonderful #2 sons wedding! How exciting!

I have been doing the Laundry Basket Mystery, almost finished webbing the blocks together. Tons of 4 1/2" blocks!

I have 1/3 more of my Bonnie Hunter Grassy Creek Mystery left to quilt.

I am still working on my Homestead Medallion Quilt also, but that got put aside while doing the Laundry Basket Mystery. I should get back to it as soon as I get the flimsy on the Laundry Basket Quilt completed.

I just keep plugging away at all of these things! Hope you are all doing well!
Old 06-10-2021, 06:00 PM

#2DSon's wedding was beautiful. DH & Had car trouble however. The alternator & battery had to be replaced. We stayed longer'n we planned & got home today. I am so very tired.
Old 06-10-2021, 06:05 PM

Oh no, Bev, so sorry about the car problems. I'm glad you got home safely. Get some rest!!!
Old 07-03-2021, 04:04 PM

Happy Fourth of July, everyone! Enjoy family and friends. My brother's children and grands are coming in to see him, but he says he cannot give me any time line of when they will be there. I have reached out and tried. That is all I can do. Frustrated but its his call, I guess.
Old 07-04-2021, 08:28 AM
Power Poster

So sorry, QNS. Can you and hubby take some pies and go over to your brother's house? Then you wouldn't be waiting.

Happy Independence Day, either way!
Old 07-04-2021, 10:08 AM

Happy 4th everyone! We had our two daughters and their children over for a BBQ yesterday. So fun! The oldest granddaughter is 32, the youngest grandson is 28. Three of them are married with no children yet! Our younger daughter is raising her granddaughter. She is an adorable 8 month old. Her mother (Chantelle's significant other's daughter) abandoned the baby at birth! The birth mother is a druggie and the child had drugs in her system, plus other things at birth. She was in NICU for 2 weeks following her birth. Chantelle and Derek are raising her as foster parents, but they plan to adopt her. It was so great to talk to everyone, and everyone was so happy to see each other.

I have finished the Laundry Basket Quilt flimsy, and got the 1/3rd left to quilt on my Grassy Creek Mystery basted.

We are going on a trip to meet up with our RV Club tomorrow, so will be with them until Thursday. Talk to you all later!

Old 07-07-2021, 05:56 AM

Nice to hear of good family time together. My brother is coming down tomorrow to talk genealogy with me with his Granddaughter which is nice. Since he moved back last fall, I am trying not to upset him in anyway, but to go with his flow of our 'meetings' He has a damaged heart valve and needs to have it fixed...he will decide on the 17th what he sees his choice as. One day at a time, life will go on. He has never allowed me to be at his table with his family for whatever reason is in his mind, even if I am visiting him. His main reason seems to be 'religion', beliefs, which he judges me not to be religious enough. I decline to judge anyone, I am a mere little believer in our Creator, God above. I trust in Him to guide us daily.

I have ordered fabric from Quilted Twins in Florida and hope to put together some quick quilts soon. And do more housework. They have the large panels of a 'rose', in many different colors. It takes a few blocks around them to make a quilt.
Old 07-07-2021, 09:05 PM
Power Poster

QNS, is your brother a Mormon? They are so into genealogy. I am sorry your relationship with him is so tenuous that you can’t just be yourself around him. Being judged based on your religious beliefs and then shunned from the family dinner table is so not right! Gee whiz, how disrespectful. I would never be able to accept such treatment.

Some relationships can be so harmful they are better left behind, even if they are with family.