Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Can't prove delivery wasn't delivered? >

Can't prove delivery wasn't delivered?

Can't prove delivery wasn't delivered?

Old 07-17-2021, 07:12 AM

The Post Office lost my absentee ballot and all they will say seven phone calls later is "if there is no tracking number we can't help you". Grrrrrrrr.
Old 07-17-2021, 07:17 AM

UPS from time to time has delivered some packages to either my neighbor next door or the next street behind me with the same house numbers. I've been able to call them and they have corrected the mistake. My UPS man knows me well too..... Sorry to hear FedEx is not as helpful.
Old 07-17-2021, 07:29 AM
Power Poster

Could be employees are few and far between these days so many get hired that probably shouldn't have.
Old 07-17-2021, 07:54 AM
Power Poster

There is a form for making a complaint to FedEx. https://ask.fedex.com/help/en-gb/som...rong/Complaint

I've heard more complaints about FedEx than about any other carrier. Often it's that they delivered the package to the wrong address. If I have a choice, I order from a place that uses USPS or UPS, but sometimes you don't know who the carrier will be.
Old 07-17-2021, 10:14 AM

I ordered a part from Singeronline last July which is over a year ago. All of the items that were from singeronline.com were received but my ruler foot slant which was the most expensive item on my order was to be delivered by store.yahoo.com and I never received it. I have written numerous times about the missing item and all I get in reply is an email asking if I have received my shipment. It is so frustrating. I think web sites should let the buyer know when parts of the order will be fulfilled by another company.
Old 07-17-2021, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
Maybe next time pay the extra cost for signature required?
That really does no good. Hubby ordered a computer and was notified by FedEx that it would be delivered on [day] and someone would need to sign for it. I won’t go into detail about the fiasco we had regarding supposed attempted deliveries, notices that it would be delivered on [day], notices that delivery was delayed, etc. that went on for 9 days. Hubby was out of town so I didn’t go anywhere during that time waiting for the delivery. Finally one day I happened to see the FedEx truck and went to the door for the delivery just in time to see the truck drive away and the package (with the computer name clearly visible to potential porch pirates) sitting on the sidewalk in front of my porch. Hubby then received a notice that the package was delivered and he had signed for it. Remember, he’s out of town. When he asked customer service about it (one of many calls throughout this ordeal) they said he had released the delivery with no signature required, which he hadn’t done.
Old 07-17-2021, 02:45 PM

Lier, lier pants on fire! Seems like there are more & more that just don't tell the truth these days & seem to get away with it. I don't trust anyone I don't know anymore & I sure don't trust the politicians. Even the news is untrustworthy...you have to verify everything before you believe it.
Old 07-17-2021, 03:01 PM
Power Poster

There is a form for making a complaint to FedEx. https://ask.fedex.com/help/en-gb/som...rong/Complaint

That is the site I found the contact us if my complaint wasn't listed. I got my refund so if the package is found now and delivered it will be a much bigger hassle that I am tired of messing with.
Old 07-18-2021, 03:55 AM

Porch pirates are sneaky! My mom's neighbor showed me her Ring video of her(the neighbor's) porch package being stolen. The guy pulled into my mom's driveway, casually walked over and retrieved the package, got back in his truck and left. Could see his face, but did not recognize.
Old 07-18-2021, 09:02 AM

I do wish companies offered the options for signature when packages are delivered but it raised the cost of delivery. i am sure many would take this option though. I like that Amazon sends me of picture of the delivery. I do most of my shopping on line (including groceries). I have only had a few problems over the years. In most cases I have received my money back. or even a replacement item. I am glad you got your refund.