Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap >

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

Old 07-26-2021, 04:42 AM

Also - I thought I would share the cake I made for the wedding last week. I've never made a cake for a wedding, but I think this came out nice. I live 5 hours from the venue so I had to bake the cakes at home and decorate at the hotel and reception venue. My Kitchen Aide Mixer had quite the workout! It was a white cake with buttercream frosting, the icing in-between the layers had fresh raspberries mixed in. The topper was easier to see at the venue.

After the wedding my oldest daughter was able to stay for the week so we had a full house with lots of fun going on - blueberry picking, kayaking, visiting the zoo, dinners out, etc. I'm enjoying 2021 much more than 2020!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	cake.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	213.1 KB
ID:	634719  
Old 07-26-2021, 02:58 PM

Default Cake

What a pretty cake. Our youngest is getting married on Saturday. Pretty unconventional too. She’s not doing the whole cake and garter thing. She’s leaving, going to WA and we’re in So Cal.
Old 07-26-2021, 04:21 PM

Traveliggramma, love your pencils! Did a cross stitch piece of a box of crayons yeas ago to hang by my classroom door. Nothing like a new set of crayons or pencils to show off colors. And your Christmas fabrics! Oh goodness you have picked out some lovelies! Keep traveling so we can see all of your adventures in shopping and sewing.

Just looked up Sugar Creek and you are about 4 to 5 hour from me. Closer than you home base!

Hope hubby is feeling better today.
Old 07-26-2021, 08:01 PM

Wow! That cake is gorgeous! What a great job you did on it. How lucky they were.
Old 07-27-2021, 02:52 AM

I have not received any birthday request. Are their any august birthdays

Old 07-27-2021, 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by cuppy View Post
I have not received any birthday request. Are their any august birthdays
Check out post #744.
Old 07-27-2021, 02:07 PM

IrishMom. the cake is gorgeous...
Old 07-27-2021, 06:00 PM
Power Poster

Gorgeous cake!

As far as the birthday notifications, I think it would be a good thing and less confusing if we got the notice on the same day every month, regardless of when the birthdays were coming up the following month, or if there were no birthdays. I think we were getting them on the 20th, previously. That's an easy day to remember to come look for the message in our inboxes.
Old 07-28-2021, 02:54 AM

This month on the 1st then back to the 20th no matter what. My good intention just did not work, obviously. Sorry for the confusion.

Did a count of my blocks for the Jacob's Ladder, thinking I was near the finish. Nope! About 100 4 patches and HST, each. I will be taking a quilting break for about three weeks. My university work is becoming intense and demands my attention. Two gift quilts on deadline are all I can do. Then I will let the dust gather on the machine.
Old 07-28-2021, 06:17 AM
Power Poster

Well, I am buying a house in Memphis! Our offer was accepted... a miracle. I have my birthday cards all ready to go, up until the end of the swap. My Jacob's Ladder is set aside. Life is confusing right now, wondering if I did the right thing and the move and all. (Hubby was against buying a second home.) Taking it one day at a time.