Pony Club Thread 3

Old 07-23-2021, 01:02 PM

Fiskars is great about standing behind their products. I have had some paper trimmers replaced over the years because the measurements/grid marks started wearing off!
Old 07-30-2021, 09:17 PM

I have been working an a Bernina. I got it sewing wonderfully. I need ot go to Ace to get a small c clip. It goes on a lever that is part of the presser foot knee lift. Aince I didn't need to knee lift I went ahead & used it to hem my jeans. 2 pair of jeans that had ot have at least 3 inched off. I got 'em done today.

Old 08-02-2021, 08:05 AM

I love the ginger scissors. Have the 'whole' set, I think. There is another brand some quilters love, but cannot remember the brand name. Trying to refigure an over and under pattern I have a photo of the two I made years ago while living in Flour Bluff. I will keep on trying various Measurements ...Of the split log cabin and rail blocks. that go over and under.
Old 08-02-2021, 10:17 AM

I also have 2 Gingher scissors that I have had for over 50 years! I also have a pair of Stretch and Sew Knit scissors from when we did all that type of sewing! My favorite now are the Fiskar's Ergonomic Scissors.
Old 08-03-2021, 07:44 PM

Today was my DM's birthday. She is 79 now. My DH grilled hamburgers at her request. DD's family came over also. Tomarrow I take the latest customer Bernina to Brownwood/Early. This one wasn't bad to work on at all. Sunday I will drive to Ft Worth & take care of my 2 youngest DGSons for a week. Their school hasn't started as of yet but DDIL is in teacher training & #1DSon's medical classes started a month ago.
Old 08-09-2021, 04:53 AM

My brother's birthday was the third, he is 13 months older than I am. I called him and wished him a Happy Birthday. Iowa sweet corn is coming on; you have never eaten anything better than Iowa sweet corn! My buddy farmer called me yesterday, and we will meet on Wednesday to get 8 dozen ears to freeze in the freezers. But that means we need to clean out the old stuff from bother freezers today or tomorrow. That Incredible Corn is worth all the labor! It will get a milk-water bath for three minutes, then we cut it off the cob, bag it in quart bags, and freeze it. A few ears will be frozen for use later. It has been a few years that we have not had the chance to get some and this will taste sooo good.

Our zinnias are blooming so beautiful that line our driveway and greet us every morning when we look at them! Wow. Every color but the green ones grew and are blooming, . . all 500 plus.
Old 08-09-2021, 03:35 PM
Power Poster

My son moved to Ames IA last year. I'll make sure to tell him not to miss the sweet corn!

Those zinnias must be gorgeous.
Old 08-09-2021, 07:19 PM

OH I love Zinnias in mass plantings. I am sure they are wonderful.
I am in Ft Worth watching my youngest 2 DGSons. DGD came w/me. It is so nace to spent this kinda time w/'em.
Old 08-10-2021, 12:08 PM

Ames Iowa has some of the BEST Bar-B-Que and food places; also a GREAT quilting store there! Really enjoyed the times I got to go there with some ladies.
Old 08-10-2021, 03:52 PM
Power Poster

Good to know, QNS!