UFO Challenge for 2021

Old 08-07-2021, 04:40 PM

Motorcyclemad: Very unique antique car quilt. I like your flimsies and quillow also.

Last edited by retiredteacher09; 08-07-2021 at 04:43 PM.
Old 08-09-2021, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 View Post
Motorcyclemad: Very unique antique car quilt. I like your flimsies and quillow also.
Thank you Retired... I have had fun putting these together.

I was able to get another two flimsies done this past weekend (even around a crochet lesson). Both of these have been staged for over two years. The first one just 5-1/2 inch squares with sashing. The second is a "Zero Waste" Quilt from the YouTube channel. Having a senior moment on the young ladies name. Of course, I couldn't leave the pattern as is. I added sashing which changed the borders, but I did get it up to twin-sized. Now I know what to do with the second one that is waiting to be sewn.

These two are packaged and waiting for my Labor Day trip to get dropped off. I am definitely going to work on something simple next.

Last edited by Motorcyclemad; 10-06-2021 at 10:28 AM.
Old 08-09-2021, 04:22 PM

Is the pattern for your Zero Waste from Jordan Fabrics? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghg7aXt6qMc
Old 08-11-2021, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Is the pattern for your Zero Waste from Jordan Fabrics? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghg7aXt6qMc
That's the one from Donna Jordan. It is a little more time consuming than you would think, but it is still fun. I still have one more that is already cut out just waiting to be sewn up..
Old 08-12-2021, 03:35 AM
Power Poster

I managed to get the binding done on 2 more quilts then found backing and pieced a batting for the next one I need to finish up-
I have one loaded to quilt that is taking some time- I thought about taking it back off the frame and doing a couple different ones before going back to it- but, we shall see what today brings.I have until 11:30 this morning before I have to work so- I shall see what I can get done in the next 3 hours to help me decide what I’m going to do next. Even though the pile doesn’t seem to be shrinking it doesn’t seem to be as ( daunting) as it was. There are more fairly small quilts then I had realized, which helps my brain see an end possible.
Old 08-12-2021, 04:43 PM

Look at you go, ckcowl! Woozers. You are putting me to shame. Actually I have too many "quilt-a-longs" going on so it seems like I never finish anything.
Old 08-12-2021, 04:57 PM

ckcowl: Sounds like you are making great progress.

WMUTeach: I decided I can’t do any quilt alongs until I get my UFOs finished. 🙂. Although, the monthly Color Blocks doesn’t count. 🤷‍♀️

I hope to finish my 2 current projects by the end of this month and then concentrate on my UFOs. 🤞. Of course, I also planned to work on the UFOs in July and I only pulled out the box for one, Lol!

Last edited by retiredteacher09; 08-12-2021 at 05:09 PM.
Old 08-17-2021, 04:11 PM
Power Poster

I still have the last t shirt quilt to do...put my GDaughter on the LA yesterday and she meander quilted a baby quilt she made 2 summers ago; now to get her to bind it. She's 12 and wants to quilt a kitty panel for her brother's girl friend as a college dorm room lap quilt. That's next for her.
Old 08-18-2021, 04:05 PM

At least 25 UFO's left my house today..

We're moving across the country; California to Florida.

Today the comfort quilt leader took over 30 quilts in different levels of finished; needs label, needs binding, needs quilting, needs piecing. We averaged 6 yd/quilt so over 180 yds. She's doing some counting on them so I'll have a better idea.
There are emply spots in the room now.

Next week we're going to do a work day to make pillow case kits.

If someone wants a kit for them personally she said she'd tell them how much it'd cost at $12/yd fabric.

May the downsizing continue.
Old 08-18-2021, 05:34 PM

oksewglad: It’s great your granddaughter can longarm her own quilt at 12!

petthefabric: I like the idea of people buying a kit if they want it for personal use.