Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Secret Pal Swap Sign-Ups: Closes August 31 at 11:59 PM Come have some fun! >

September Secret Pal Swap Sign-Ups: Closes August 31 at 11:59 PM Come have some fun!

September Secret Pal Swap Sign-Ups: Closes August 31 at 11:59 PM Come have some fun!

Old 09-08-2021, 05:03 PM
Power Poster

My secret pal's most wanted came in and I can see why she wants it. LOL
Old 09-09-2021, 06:13 AM

My secret pals last item arrives today and I am hoping to make her something today. Hopefully the package will be on it's way to you tomorrow.

My secret pal lives in a state that was one of the original thirteen colonies.
Old 09-11-2021, 07:04 PM
Power Poster

I have a question that you all probably will think is dumb, but I just was wondering. When do you like to get your package? Does it matter if you get it early or later. Sometimes the wait is exciting, sometimes you just want to get the surprise early. Sometimes you may wonder 'Is it ever going to get here.'

BrendaK
Old 09-12-2021, 07:58 AM
Power Poster

I like to get it within the month. Sometimes it takes awhile to get the items the secret pal prefers. I would rather wait and get a package that is more tailored to my likes then to get it early. Based on that I tried to do the same for others. Also people have life happening. So please communicate with the host, Kathy, if you run late.
Old 09-12-2021, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by BrendaK View Post
I have a question that you all probably will think is dumb, but I just was wondering. When do you like to get your package? Does it matter if you get it early or later. Sometimes the wait is exciting, sometimes you just want to get the surprise early. Sometimes you may wonder 'Is it ever going to get here.'

BrendaK
the only thing that really sucks is getting a package that has nothing to do with me. You can tell when your secret pal just sends junk they already have or goes to the dollar store and just sends random stuff from there. It’s really nice when they take the time to send things tailored to the form we fill out each month. Sometimes that comes early if they have the stuff, or later if they order it but for me, that’s what makes it fun vs. disappointing.
Old 09-13-2021, 08:10 AM
Power Poster

Talking

Wow! My secret pal package came in. Thank you PamelaOry. You sure send me a personallized package of goodies. Lots and lots of reproduction style fabrics, a cute zippered ice cream cone pouch that I wonder if I can put small scissors in, yummy dark chocolates, sewing needles, an I love Havanese magnet, and the sweetest, cutest home made note card. I am left a bit speechless. You really spoiled me. Thank you for your kind and generous gifts.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20210912_090807 (Small).jpg
Views:	27
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	635442  
Old 09-14-2021, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by BrendaK View Post

BrendaK
I have no preference and it usually arrives on the perfect day. I am like Pam, I like to receive a package that thought has gone into. I love it when I see needles, patriotic fabric, turtles... it lets me know my swap partner read my form.
Old 09-14-2021, 12:41 PM
Power Poster

Well partner your package has been sent. Should be there Friday 09/17/2021.
Hope you can use what I sent.

BrendaK
Old 09-14-2021, 03:11 PM

I agree that mine always seems to come at the best times. More than once my SP package was just the pick me up I needed. 😊
Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
I have no preference and it usually arrives on the perfect day. I am like Pam, I like to receive a package that thought has gone into. I love it when I see needles, patriotic fabric, turtles... it lets me know my swap partner read my form.
Old 09-15-2021, 03:47 PM

Hi Ladies,

My wonderful swap package arrived today - and as always Deborah was totally thoughtful and generous. She always sends something for Chloe... so I have posted a picture of her with her new squeaky toy... I had to give it to her immediately as she was jumping all over the place as soon as the package arrived.... she always seem to know when the package is from Deborah!

Deborah... thank you so much for the fab package... you always are so kind and generous..... thank you.

Hugs

Caroline
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sept 2021 - Received from Gaijin.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	635466   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chloe's swap from Deobrah.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	635467