Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Fall Round Robin Group B  is open until 10/1/21 >

Fall Round Robin Group B is open until 10/1/21

Fall Round Robin Group B is open until 10/1/21

Old 09-16-2021, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by WendyMcD View Post
Ack, I'm still drafting, my sewing room needs to be unpacked but I only need a couple of the larger pieces. Gee, all I wanna do now is sew and not work. I think I will, lifes far too short.
I agree. Happy sewing.
Old 09-16-2021, 08:47 AM

Default Round Robin Group B Final

We are officially filled up! I will send out an email either later today or tomorrow with full details and who you will be sending to each time. Our official first mailing date isn't until October 15th. If everyone is ready by October 1st we can send early, but no rush either!! Just keep me updated.

I would say if you are done be sure to check when who you are sending to before putting in the mail so you don't send too early.

1 carriem
2 JessQuilts
3 Annaquilts
4 hav4boys
5 WendyMcD
6 Violetsunnus

Old 09-16-2021, 08:54 AM

Let the fun begin!!
Old 09-17-2021, 05:53 AM

I doubt I will be ready for an Oct 1 mailing deadline, but I will update you next weekend if it looks like I will finish early.
Old 09-17-2021, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by JessQuilts View Post
I doubt I will be ready for an Oct 1 mailing deadline, but I will update you next weekend if it looks like I will finish early.
No problem at all!!! I just wanted to put it out there.
Old 09-19-2021, 09:07 AM
Power Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by carriem View Post
We are officially filled up! I will send out an email either later today or tomorrow with full details and who you will be sending to each time. Our official first mailing date isn't until October 15th. If everyone is ready by October 1st we can send early, but no rush either!! Just keep me updated.

I would say if you are done be sure to check when who you are sending to before putting in the mail so you don't send too early.

1 carriem
2 JessQuilts
3 Annaquilts
4 hav4boys
5 WendyMcD
6 Violetsunnus
Is this the order it will go out? I am not sure if PM went out to people yet. I don't think I got one.
Old 09-19-2021, 09:35 AM

I did not receive anything either. So I am thinking nothing has been sent out yet.
Old 09-19-2021, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
Is this the order it will go out? I am not sure if PM went out to people yet. I don't think I got one.
Originally Posted by Violetsunnus View Post
I did not receive anything either. So I am thinking nothing has been sent out yet.
Sorry Ladies, I was waiting on one email address and we've had a pretty busy weekend. I will try to get this done today....have everything I need now.
Old 09-19-2021, 12:11 PM

Email with this info and your "mail to" person's address coming shortly...remember if you finish early, be sure to ask if it is ok to mail early.

1. Hav4boys sends to Carriem
  2. Carriem sends to WendyMcD
  3. WendyMcD sends to Violetsunnus
  4. Violetsunnus sends to JessQuilts
  5. JessQuilts sends to Annaquilts
  6. Annaquilts sends to Hav4boys

You will have a month to finish and mail each round.

The centers can be square or rectangle with at least one side 18" to 24” (18-1/2” or 24-1/2” with seam allowance)

***Let’s make things easier for the next person so things are easily divisible by 3” or 6” finished***

The border is to be no bigger than 6" (6 1/2" unfinished). Usually I recommend either 3" or 6" to keep it divisible by both numbers and easier for the next person to add their round without a lot of math. Or do a 4" border a 1" strip on each side...something like that to get it up to 6"....does that make sense?

Mailing Dates for the Round Robin

10/15/21 mail center
11/15/21 mail 1st round
12/15/21 mail 2nd round
1/15/22 mail 3rd round
2/15/22 mail 4th round
3/15/22 mail 5th (final) round

Here are some more guidelines from the original sign up post:

Each person will make their center and send it on to the next participant, who will add on a border, in the style and/or theme of the center block (or completely different but complimentary.)

Each person in turn adds another border that compliments the quilt. Once the quilt has made the rounds to all participants it is mailed back to the original owner.

Each border should be not more than 6" wide. We are experienced quilters. If you slap on a plain border because the piece needs a plain border, add something like appliqué. Don't be lazy on someone else's piece.

This Round Robin is open and welcoming to members of all skill and income levels.

Use only 100 percent quilting cotton.

Please note: Board participation is an essential ingredient in making this RR successful. Please do not disappear.

Yes you can send along a note of what you want your theme to be, colors/styles of fabric you want or don't want included.

If you want to include a yard or two of a fabric you want used throughout the quilt you can do that too....as long as it will fit in a flat rate bubble envelope and shipping stays at/under $9...the flat rate is $8 and change, I just can't think right now if it is 45 or 75 cents?

Last edited by carriem; 09-19-2021 at 12:18 PM.
Old 09-23-2021, 05:07 AM

I received Hav4boys Unicorn block yesterday. I will be spending sometime in my craft room today cutting fabrics for an upcoming retreat but am sure I'll start pulling some fabrics for that as well!!