Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Disney!  I need new shoes. Help! >

Disney! I need new shoes. Help!

Disney! I need new shoes. Help!

Old 09-19-2021, 11:14 AM

Hoka here, but you really need to have a authorized store help you choose your first pair. Mine came from Running Fit and are the Arahi - I have no arch. I needed a half size smaller than any other shoe. Except SOS, those are a half size smaller, too.
Old 09-19-2021, 12:51 PM

Best bet is to go try as many different manufacturers on as possible. I love New Balance, my husband hates them. I know a pair of crocs feel like walking on marshmallows after a long day in the park. Awesome. Since you are going with avid fans, start training now. You will be glad you did. It's not a sprint, it's a marathon.
Old 09-21-2021, 03:39 PM

I walk miles in an average workday and I wear Birkenstocks: I have 7 pairs total, 2 for work and five for home. I also wear Chacos all the time, I have 4 pairs, my feet never hurt. I don't own any sneaker type shoes, I can't find a brand that doesn't make my feet hurt after a couple hours so I do all my traveling with Birks or Chacos as well, I can walk forever without any issue.

Other great brands are Naot & Clarks, my daughter swears by Clarks.
Old 09-21-2021, 06:35 PM

Something I just thought of, be sure to buy your new shoes well ahead of time so you can walk in them and break them in. Nothing worse that being on vacation and finding out that those new shoes you bought aren't really that great.
Old 09-25-2021, 07:25 AM
Power Poster

i like wide sneakers. your feet will swell and you'll be glad you have the extra room.
I like Sketchers, and they sometimes have some cute embroidery on them.
Do yourself a favor. Start walking now. My son and i do about 5 miles a day at EPCOT.
It's the best park there and make sure you hit every exhibit. they all seem to have something
hidden inside. In The Land, they have soarin. it's a wonderful ride, and make sure you try it.
Just walking in the park from the lot can be a mile. bring water. ALL restaurants give out free water.
have fun.