Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Fall Round Robin Group B  is open until 10/1/21 >

Fall Round Robin Group B is open until 10/1/21

Fall Round Robin Group B is open until 10/1/21

Old 09-25-2021, 09:20 PM
Power Poster

Smile

The center for my Fall Round Robin B 2021 is completed. It is a Barn and the theme is Farm Life. Looking forward to seeing what people will add. If you click on it it will show up enlarged and right side up.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20210925_111324 (Small).jpg
Views:	54
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	635580  
Old 09-26-2021, 07:13 AM

Anna...it looks great! Can't wait to see how it grows.
Old 09-26-2021, 04:38 PM

My hippos are done!!! This is going to be for an anniversary quilt for my parents. My dad requested hippos and dogs and my mom requested a blue scrappy look, so I tried to find something that had both of those themes for the center of the quilt. Feel free to incorporate your favorite shade of blue, hippos, dog, bright colors, and things that make you happy in this quilt! (PS their wedding date is 5/14/94 if someone wants to include that.) I am so excited to participate in this project and see how it grows! ((The pattern for the hippos can be found on quiltartdesign.com))
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Quilt v1.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	395.4 KB
ID:	635593  
Old 09-26-2021, 04:41 PM

Jess, those turned out very cute!! Our anniversary is in May as well...(5/2/97)
Old 09-26-2021, 04:55 PM

Just wanted to check in...did everyone get my email sent last weekend with the address of who they are sending to??
Old 09-27-2021, 05:56 AM

Cute, I love all sort of barn animals, this will be fun. I've loads of applique, landscape type of fabric, wonder if I have straw. Really need to unearth my room here soon. But today I'm dyeing yarn (work) and starting my block. I kept drafting the life out of it. Gee, never did finish the birds and there the brains sorta bog down. I'll get at it today though for sure. I tucked all my boxes off of my machines table and I'm ready.
Old 09-27-2021, 07:01 AM
Power Poster

The hippo center is stunning. I love the theme and the story. This should be fun to add to and see it grow.
Old 09-27-2021, 09:20 AM

Both the hippos and Farm life are wonderful. It will be fun to watch these grow.
Old 09-29-2021, 05:19 PM

Oh you guys are doing great work. Happy to be onboard. I've done all my research. My sewing room is slowly getting unpacked around the business of dyeing yarn and designing knit wear. All consuming at times, then I collapse. For sure need to start cutting this weekend. I can't wait to see if I can bring this one to life.

Story goes something like this... my baby girl (last child) was my best friend and biz partner. We did everything together, last year, in comes boy into equation. One year later she's married and moved up north, so far I can't visit (ailments). I'll number these, hopefully you'll be able to make sense of my nonsense.
1-When we were going through our lives together, packing for her home, she found the "blue bird of happiness" set, these are blue glass birds from around the 80's. She swooned over them and so has them with her.
2-We live in the country,,, the pond at the park dried up and some 200 blackbirds migrated daily to our home for a year or so. They'd hang out on the electric wire and make such a din, cackling and whooping it up, Then they gave up and moved on after the pond stayed dry. You starting to see it? bird theme much?
3-Two of our knit wear designs are The Raven and Raven's Brother. They hold a tender place in my heart, The Raven was very early in our design days and I loved it. Back when I was very young I remember "flying" and "caw cawing" to them while flapping for all I was worth. The 2nd shawl design came to me after our cruise to Alaska, double duty with this one.
4-Red headed woodpeckers. Beast's can do so much damage, so fast. Made a huge whole in our first house. We tried everything that the locals recommended. We even strung fishing wire, they kept coming. The first morning they woke me up I thought someone was doing repairs in the attic. Replaced the boards... they still came, we sold the house.
5-Chickadee dee dee, we loved their call and would call one another here in the house. Or sit in the bay window and watch them eating. I love these wee birds, so much strength in such a tiny wee creature.
6- California quail are up next. The children would have been 7&8 when we first left the city and landed in the sticks. We had the entire family singing, "lolooloooo looo", anyone observing must have thought us full on loco with a bad case of the looloo's.
7-Green parrots that Lucky Baldwin released out in the wild back in Arcadia, CA. They have been multiplying for over a century? And there are great flocks down there now. The LA Arboretum is where they came from, Lucky has a house and what all there. Can't remember, might have been moved from another local. Anyway, point is that before we moved from the city we used to go to the arboretum every day after dropping the eldest at his school. We all loved it. We'd migrate from one place to the next, spent hours there over a long period. If we got hungry we'd head to the orange and avocado grove. Still to this day, the best oranges ever. We all loved it.

So yeah, this one means a lot to all of us. Hopefully this quilt wont hit the chopping board but we be handed down for generations. Me,,, I remember cranking out 30 tops in a week... from orphan blocks, for charity. Those were the days... 20 years gone and momma has a much harder time getting things done.

The block is a blue sky with clouds, pieced branches, appliqued leaves. Then the birds, sitting on the branches, male and female? Not sure yet,,, might have more bird memories then I have center block. Hopefully it will all work out well and be a fun, relaxing thing to do this weekend. If you hear me screaming, run out to front of my home. Just out that window as fabric might come flying. Quick, get it before that crow feasts his beady eye upon it.

And all this chit chat's done it's business. Now I can't wait till this weekend. I'm going to go see what all I have pulled and get some of my birds going. :-) fun!!!

A bit long winded but hey, howdy, hey, I'm really happy to be here.
Old 09-29-2021, 05:19 PM

Wow! That's really long, sorry you guys. I am either lurking or talking too much, no between for me.