Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today 2021 >

What are we organizing today 2021

What are we organizing today 2021

Old 09-27-2021, 03:34 AM

I have a craft box similar to yours WMUTeach…but my grands are 4 and 7 so we explore it from time to time. You did remind me though that I should revisit the binders containing “stuf” and decide if they still serve a need.

I have been away from my sewing room all summer as we live on an island. Now that we are moving back to the “winter” home I surely have missed the mojo my sewing room provides. I did work on a small scrappy project (blocks) at the summer house but now they need to be assembled into a quilt.

Petthefabric, you have certainly been undertaking a lot of organizing, sorting and purging. It sounds like a complete lifestyle change…
Old 09-27-2021, 12:18 PM
Power Poster

Still working on office area...MrOk burned trash today...wondered why the bags were so heavy...several years of past farm records no longer needed.
Old 10-03-2021, 10:08 AM

Busy little organizers you’ve been!! Good for you all!

Petthefabric ….way to go on your estate sale results. Hope all is going well with this process. I just did this 2 years ago and it can be overwhelming at times.

WMUteach.. When I moved to Idaho, I finally got rid of all my college work. It’s hard to part with all the proof of hard work but my papers are on thumb drives so didn’t feel quite so bad. Still…

OKsewglad…. I just shredded 6 years of tax returns and supporting documents. Took me a week to shred. Lol.. I shouldn’t get so backlogged in shredding now but now I wish I would have thought to just burn them. Lol..oh well..

I am finally hiring a carpenter to build the stuff I want for my sewing room. It’s the same carpenter who did my home build so I cannot wait to get started on that. I need more workspace!!
Old 10-04-2021, 05:44 AM

Thanks Teen. Sold a significant amount. Have sold another 200 yds. Still lots to go. ]

Two big bags of finished and UFO's are going to q guild. Half car load to thrift store. Two loads (car and trailer) went to dump. It's amazing what we accumulate.

This last weekend was Sierra Art Trails in which artists open home studios and sell their art. I want to take friends and memories to Florida so I bought several pieces and waiting for 2 prints. All without frames; no carrying extra and want them framed alike with non-glare glass. Bought a large waterproof art portfolio for cutting mats and art. Now, those can get packed in the 3 portfolios of different sizes. And out with the old cardboard portfolio. Have a stack for the art guild.

Next, clean out the guest closet of cloths not worn in 13 yrs. They're fave's but R E A L L Y. My hopes of getting to that size before they're out of style has seriously lost hope.

The house hits the market on Thursday. We'll get a good idea of how soon the moving date will be.
Old 10-04-2021, 07:50 AM
Power Poster

As usual I am hopping from one project to another. Last night, I got a shelf put in place to house all the 3 ring binders of past records. As a reward I hopped over to the long arm and finished the quilt that has been in residence there for a couple of weeks. In my upstairs sewing space I have been finishing UFO tops. Have 2 small cowboy themed ones sewn and almost done with the 3rd. I also finished a UFO top for MrOk made from his dad's shirts. Even have the backing sewn and will soon be ready for the LA. I need to get the office area finished as DD and SIL will be here for the weekend and everything is chaosl.

Teen the advantage of waiting until now is you now know how you want your space to work. Good luck!

Good luck on the house sale ptfabric

Last edited by oksewglad; 10-04-2021 at 07:53 AM.
Old 10-06-2021, 09:17 AM

The art portfolio isn't big enough for the mats. Will look for another.
Got the cloths out of the closet. Now for the bottom of the closet.
When coming home last night, noticed the realtor was here and put up his sign. More official.
Dilivery to q guild done. Today the thrift store is open.
Today is a pest inspection
Got car evaluated. Value of car and repair costs are about equal. We'll sell the car.

Birds are happily playing in water on patio. Fun to watch from my computer.
Old 10-06-2021, 11:19 AM

car's empty. Now to fill it up again.
Old 10-06-2021, 04:33 PM

Petthefabric…house listed is definitely “official”. Scary and exciting at the same time! You are doing so good with the process…

I organized my desk today…had to make a couple of more files..also, backed up the computer. I always forget to do that.
Old 10-07-2021, 03:12 AM
Power Poster

I went through the shelves of patterns I’ve collected over the years- 2 book shelf shelves of patterns I’ve never used, or used once and know I will not make again. Organizing them, putting sets together and deciding I will try to sell them. Although mostly really cool patterns I know I will not miss them when they are gone. Out of those two crammed full shelves I only kept about 1/4 of a shelf. Next organizing session I will start working on the books- there are 3 (6 foot tall X 30 inches wide) book shelves full. I would love to get down to 1 uncluttered .
Old 10-07-2021, 06:27 AM

ckcowl; From the brutal organizer. It can be done. As I look through those shelves of books, I think of people who are interested and give them a text. The books find new homes and will be used.